death comes in small, robotic packages

Just wondering how people manage essential units (and certain equips, I suppose) when they start having multiple high level characters. Specifically I'm talking about high-priority units like God/Powers, Cure/Shock, Cure/Freeze, and the like. Although my Hunter and Ranger (and eventually Force) have different needs, there are units like Cure/Freeze that they all NEED-- it seems like such a waste to buy 2, 3, or even 4 of the same thing.

I suppose I could manage swapping units in past PSO versions, but in Blueburst you either need 2 computers or a live person every time you swap anything-- I have some nice friends to help me swap, but they're obviously not at my beckon call.

Suggestions? Personal experiences?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Applet on 2005-07-20 20:33 ]</font>

get a good friend you can trust...or you have no way to swap over items from what i know!

You could always do this: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...117&forum=1&19

Just don't bump it. But it is a good idea and get enough support it might give ST an idea...

In order to swap my items around, I rely on a fellow who is known around here as blitzkommando

I've yet to figure out a system that will work once I have two or three fairly leveled characters. It worries me more and more everyday. I barely have time to play, let alone hunt for alot of the things I want; let's not even speak of me hunting two or three of said things

Like Blitz said, please take a look at the topic and send in your suggestions to Sonic Team. Only you can prevent forest fires.

Well, define "high level character".
    I have my main character at level 164 now, it hunts a real agito from Tollaws and meanwhile collects all kinds of neato things (any kind of units, mats, etc) to give to lower chars. The second char is lv 81, it's not that high, but basically I don't swap things to that char anymore (I might do that again when I get some real good rares for forces, and moolas for team points, but that's about it).

IMO a high character doesn't -need- units, but will get the best ones for itself in due time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2005-07-21 03:12 ]</font>
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

death comes in small, robotic packages

OK, bad choice of words I guess-- what I mean is multiple characters that you use seriously (i.e. use very frequently). And by "need" I don't mean they're going to wither up and die without them-- parts of Subterranian Desert in Blueburst are a huge pain without a cure/freeze to use one example. I'm asking more experienced players if they usually end up just getting multiple copies of the same essential unit, make do without, or just though out the huge (to me) hassle of getting people to help you swap every time you change characters.

Old Man

Get multiple copies.

At least for me, I play solo a lot and asking friends to stop what they're doing to come help me transfer items is not something I feel good about.

BB is such a different experience for me than the other versions. I could always go offline when I felt like playing alone and not worry about constant interruption/emails and could easily transfer/swap items and raise any mag I wanted with any color.

After I got my level 200 char on xbox, I played several different characters all up into the 150's, switching back and forth depending on what I felt like hunting/farming.

I still switch back and forth, but I'm feeling more compelled to play one player through all quests/areas to open things up before going to another char to do same. Unfortately, my lead character doesn't have cure freeze, so soloing VH Ep 4 in the desert was a HUGE pain. The damn crab monster kept freezing me while his buddies took their time slicing and dicing me from behind. I probably gained and lost 1,000,000 exp on the final run before I finally beat Saint Emillion.

Simple solution, go farm cure freezes, but my Whitill is a hucast, so that doesn't work to well - I've yet to see a single red slime, although I've seen a couple of Pazuzus and a dozen Del Rappies - all they drop is fluids and barriers anyway.

So, my lead character is constantly banking 200 items which I then have to wait until I can start the transfer process in a friends game and hope my cure freeze doesn't turn into a dc box to give some lower level character a few items to level up to get to vh to hunt the items that my main char needs - or I can trade. Which is what I've had to do.

So until Sega gives us a Central Bank or some type of transfer mechanism, this is a problem.

So get multiples of essentials like cure freezes is what I'm thinking.

Just get multiples of units. It's easiest. I play GC where I CAN transfer back and forth, but it's annoying to do so and also a pain to try to remember which of three characters last had the Cure/Shock(Usually I leave it on Zero since he's the most critical to not be shocked in CCA, since he's, y'know, a Force, but sometimes ERI or Ian borrow it). XP

Reminds me, I need to go find more Cure/Shocks someday. XP Cure/Shock. <3 Shock pisses me off.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Seriously, I don't see the thing with Cure/Freeze - the Melissa A rarely freeze you anyway. (rarely in VH, once in a while in Ult). I've been living without one for years, anyway.
    I can't say the same for Shock, though. A Cure/Shock would be more than welcome.

As for your original query, I try to get as many units as I need. That way I only need to transfer one way.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I always tried to get multiples of units that I'll need later on. Back on GC, I had 7 God/Battles and I needed more, because having to transfer back and forth all the time gets annoying. In BB, I farmed 4 cure/freezes to avoid having to annoyingly transfer one or two of them between my 4 characters. Merissa's freezeing cabibilities were enough to piss me off several times, and I was outright owned by Girtablulu without a Cure/Freeze, and I realize I need some Cure/Shocks for these now as well. As I like to play Desert, I don't want to have to walk in forgetting that I don't have my needed equipment with me, nor do I want to try to flag down someone I can trust (If anyone is avalible at all at the time) to help me transfer the items all the time. It's easier to just farm multiples of the same units you know you will need, for any version of this game, be it BB, GC, XBox, or DC.