Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mod+Bat = Family Fun

Just bought a Component Video Cable from NCS and have been loving the Progressive goodness ^_^; Does anyone know if PSO GC will support Progressive scan (like Wave Race does)?

This one has been done before and I think the answer was yes.

Actually, what was asked before was if the trial supported progressive scan. To which the answer was a resounding "I don't know". However, it was speculated that it would support progressive scan.

So whats a progessive scan? for all who dont know the term.

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

Hey i'll answer that before mag comes in hear and disses me or something for being a fanboy (I don't understand either but he's crazy like that )! Ok what most see when they are playing a game is an interlaced image... This means that every other line is a composite of what the image should look like (one line "real image" one line composite); hence one is darker than the other. When you have a component video hook up it displays a very high image quality (color, clarity, etc) but if your tv supports it (as well as the game system) you can view the image as one continous image without the "gaps" present in an interlaced picture.

component video basically supercedes s-video as the 'clearest picture king.' By seperating the colors more in the cables, there's less "bleeding" of colors on screen. Mostly on seen on the newer tv's 27" and up, as well as medium to higher-end DVD players. If you ever see video input/outputs that are blue or green next to a red one and go "what the hell?"- those are for component video. like Reav, i only know of component cables for the xbox... the nice fat Monster cables costing 45 bucks, last time i checked...yeow. The technology has been around for some time now, so i really doubt nintendo would be foolish enough to have not made the GC component-ready

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

Yeah I got the Xbox High Definition Kit (the component hook ups) awhile back but I've been scouting around for the GC component video cables... Ended up costing me $50 with shipping >_<! The thing with GC is that only certain titles can be played using progressive scan (I have no idea why) whereas on Xbox u can just activate it in the options menu and it works for all games...

Blue Harmony

PAL GC games don't have the Progressive Scan option.
    So EU gamers are screwed (as usual).
    The only hope is to use Freeloader (shipping soon), and see if a US game on a PAL GC still has the option.

Not all Xbox games play in progressive scan.
    about 80% do.

Aussie RAcast Battler

Saff you have it the wrong way around.. PAL GCs can't output progressive scan. I wouldn't be surprised if it was left in PAL Ep2 for example, but simply couldn't be implemented on a PAL GC.

progressive scan all lines are refreshed every frame, on interlaced pictures you are only getting half the lines every frame.