Thread: RAmars anyone?

I don't see much talk about rangers.. are they really that bad.. Iv'e heard like most of the best stuff can be used by hunters as well so why pick a ranger.. like the mech guns and the spread needle all can be used by hunters.. so whats the point of picking a ranger? anyone got any pro's for a ranger?

First pro off the top of my head: Offline mode is a lot simpler for Rangers since you can just sit back with a rifle and pick off enemies one by one. And rangers can't be all bad since the majority of the players that I see online seem to be Rangers.
    So bottom line: Rangers are the easiest class to start off with.

Rappy Hunter
    Philly, PA, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth

Ahh, here we go again, another long thread of posts all completely based on personal opinion. I might as well get in my two cents and get the hell outta Dodge before the flood of posts flows in:

I like Rangers a lot, especially the RACast (Yes, I absolutely love androids in all forms), but I still like Hunters more. Rangers are great for beginners, mostly because you are in the least amount of danger when playing. You can sit in the back and attack from afar, and really get a good feel of the battle system and the pros and cons of your character. Rangers are really a strong class at the beginning of the game.

However, as is the concensus in the "HUCasts suck" thread, Hunters as a whole are the strongest physical characters in the game. Plus, playing as a hunter is arguably more fun, as you get to mess around with the enemies and run circles around them to land a sword blow into their back as they sloooooowly turn around. I've always liked being in the heat of the battle more, and sitting in the back and picking off enemies from afar gets boring a lot quicker than being right in the middle of all the action.

In the end, my opinion really doesn't matter, and it's all up to you Deedlit. The best thing to do is to try out the classes, and see which one you like the most. I hope I was a help.

"Big Freaking HUCast + Big Freaking Sword = Fun for the Whole Family"

~~Jherek, AKA UtherPendrgn on Puck 9

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Jherek217 on 2001-02-22 19:20 ]</font>

Well, now that we have covered all of the classes now... as Jherek217 said this is prolly gonna be a long one. You want my opinion on the Ranger? They are the coolest looking guys in the game. The Ramar's armor is great. The Racast is my favorite guy. I mean c'mon he IS a mech. The other bots are human like, but this guy is a true robot. And Racaseal is the cutest lookin character in the game. More so than the Hunewearl. There ya go. Yes it is fun using guns. Guns are good. Gameplay wise, if shooting things is fun for you, then you'll love the ranger.

Oh I agree, the ranger is the easist to play offline.

Ah... but no one else can use the Flame Visit or Inferno Bazooka, right? So they are rare, but are just about as cool looking as a Double Saber. Just started a second char last night. A RaCast. Cant wait till I find him a bazooka.

On 2001-02-22 18:45, Jherek217 wrote:
    Ahh, here we go again, another long thread of posts all completely based on personal opinion
    Well here I go, my opinion. I think RAmar in my perspective is the best class that there can be. The RAmar can be an average warrior. He uses magic and weapons(guns). Sabers are a short substitue of a sword and rods/canes. RAmar's are quick and easy to use. I feel that only an android can match this or a hunter.

I could not stand playing PSO without techniques. And I don't like getting hit and thats why I use guns a lot so I picked a RAmar. You don't see many topics about RAmars because no one complains about anything because they chose to be a RAmar and the class is very balanced.

I'm sure everyone thinks that their own character is the best class...

My main char is a RAmar and he's fun and all, but I am only lvl 31 with him and it's already getting boring just plinking away at badguys while the hunters tear into them in front. Plus ranger weapons are neat but they're all shotguns or machineguns or rifles, no frying pans or katanas or darth maul swords or anything as far as I know. Sure there are probably some weirdo ranger weapons but I haven't heard about any other than a rumored PP7 (James Bond)- looking thing.

I have a lvl 8 HUcast and he is a freakin' blast! Being in the middle of the fight is sweet, only problem is I go through mates like nobody's business. I have to pipe every 15 min or so just to get more heals. Now all I have to do is get a friend to mule some of the awesome hunter weapons I've looted with my RAmar and give them to my HUcast

BTW If you see me my ranger is Algernon and my hunter is Weapon Zero.

Later

Rangers are not a beginner class! Should I compile a list of non-Ranger compliant enemies? Hildebear? Delsaber? Garantz? Gillchic? Dark Gunner? Chaos Bringer? EVERY boss? All of these things and more can get close FAST or have their own ranged weapon. Nevermind stuff that spawns right behind you. ow ow ow!

I'm a RAmar and believe me, it's tricky. Yes I can hit stuff pretty far away with my Visk. But believe me, that's the ONLY time I'm safe. My defense is terrible, and I have to use alot of evade-increasing items to boost that stat as well. I have less HP than a comparative hunter. My Visk does nice damage, but pales to a good sword. Rangers' multihit guns all do considerably less damage per hit and take a while to load.

A side effect is my TP is a little higher than a similar hunter, so when no Force is present, guess who gets heal/revive duties.. ugh..

I do better in supporting forward units. A room with fast moving/ranged units is never good for me solo. I love being a RAmar though, and the way I have to play is entertaining. Running around a room with enemies chasing me is very funny and is great for distracting crowds of baddies from the hunters.

-SSZ

I have a level 78 Ranger and I gotta admit he is a lot of fun to play.. Love my Fatal Impact. Great gun to get xp without too much worries.. Besides since hunters are so tough if anyone gets too close I kinda show the baddies the hunters and they leave me alone. Plus if you get a high enough mind you can use pretty good techniques pretty early.. The first Megid I found was lvl 13 and I could use it. And there are plenty of rare sword types you can use. I have fun walking around with the Soul Eater, we can use the frying pan, and dbl sabre types. Plus the shotguns. No canes though, but then again why would I want to.