Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linked, or not?

Just a quick question:

Are the PS2 and PC servers linked for PSU? I've got a friend who wants to play, but doesn't have a PS2, and i was hoping him and i could play together. So i'm hoping the servers will be linked and we can play PC to PS2 because my computer would never support newer games ._.;;

Only Sonic Team will tell in time.

I'm going to have to get PC PSU since I don't have a PS2 and the only thing PC wise standing in my way is a Graphics card. With PS3 comming out I thought it would have been a good idea to just wait untill that hits stores but I heard it didn't have back-playability.

according sony, the PS3 does not only play PS2 games but also PS1 games. surely not every single title, but most of it. however, its another question if you can access online content with a PS2 game on the PS3.

i think it also is still valid to quote ST on their claim that PS2 and PC version will use the same servers.

personally, i'm more interested if they'll seperate the servers internationally or not.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

On 2005-07-27 02:22, rena-ko wrote:

personally, i'm more interested if they'll seperate the servers internationally or not.
    don't say that, you just jinxed it

I think (or hope) that all servers will be connected, both regions and systems... They had better be! I had glorious plans of finally playing the game with my brother (he on the PS2, myself on the PC, we don't have 2 capable versions of either), and also of progressing learning of my casual Japanese by playing with JP players... Hmm... But if they DID keep them all linked... I would imagine they would need to create different server worlds along the lines of say FFXI... And that would be dumb as hell! >.< Unless of course, they were nice and implemented a way to, you know... CHANGE SERVERS! >.<

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

They can do exactly what they're doing with PSO and still have multiple platforms play together in all different regions.

ST is a far way off from their original intentions of breaking international language barriers and uniting gamers across the world.

In one interview in 2000, Yuji Naka said that in ten years time, people will laugh at how inferior the PSO "Word Select" system is compared to the new ground-breaking language systems that will be available at the time. We've hit the half-point mark and looks like his predictions were quite flawed....especially when US/EU and JP players are being separated more and more.

I'm pretty sure the PC and PS2 servers will be connected. FF11 servers on ps2 and PC are connected so they probably will be connected on PSU . I also have a friend who will only be able to get it on PC.

In the EGM article on PSU it did say that the 2 servers will be connected, but that was a few months ago and things could have changed.

A major development like that would've been noted already.

With that in mind, we must assume there is cross-platforming.