Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linked, or not?

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

On 2005-07-28 09:48, Reenee wrote:
    Uh, no.

World Passes move your character to that server. It doesn't require a new one, which would CHARGE YOU to do so.
    Don't correct people when you don't know what you're talking about. World passes do NOT move characters to another server. When you create a character in Final Fantasy XI, you are assigned to a random server. World passes merely let you pick which server you can play on.

Square Enix has occasionally done a world shift which lets players move from one server to another, but these rarely occur and the player has no say in which server they get transferred to.

OKay okay okay, stay on topic folks. We're talking about PSU, not FFXI.

Anyways, if everything is saved server-side...does that not mean that hackers will be detected very easily and can be delt with quickly? I dunno, i'm just trying to get hyped up about being able to play PSU without hackers x.x;;

Eh, I'd really rather prefer them to be seperate. =/

The PS2 version of PSU apparently doesn't use the HDD, so that would be quite a problem for patches (as several people have already mentioned). Further, PS2 is a console, with readily available cheating devices.

On the other hand, PCs have large(r) places to store stuff, so patching would be no problem at all. And, of course, with PCs, you can have programs like nProtect (which someone already mentioned), which has already been used on PSO BB.

And of course, communication. I'm sure they have PS2 keyboards, but I can't imagine too many people having them...

techn0rganic

The software keyboard system on most online ps2 games is much better. instead of it bringing up a picture of a keyboard, you have the 4 buttons to use instead, in a web like design. It says here in my online startup disc that came with my pstwo:

Basically you get this sqaure of letters and certain buttons are linked to certain letters. EX:

Pressing triangle by itself would jsut be the "space" character. But then above that is a, b, c, and @. I think you hold traingle and use the left stick to choose one of those, then you let go of triangle, and you get what you had selected.

So / neutral is "spac"
    /+up may be @.

It could be much faster than GC pso was once you memorize it all. Might not even need a keyboard.

This is all speculation.

Regarding the keyboard, i'm lucky. When i bought mine for PSO, it came with this little adapter for each system, so i've got it for everything [including PC].

What i'm hoping they will have for PSU is the voice chat feature. Well..that is...if your playing with mature people who don't scream into the microphone @.@ Oh! Oh! You should be able to select who you wish to hear on voice chat by having them on your allow list. And people you don't want to hear, just stick them on your deny list.

Uh.....yeah

techn0rganic

Voice chat could be fun! I'm betting that will be the communicaion tool of choice. I believe more ps2 online players have headsets comapred to keyboard.

Voice chat? Oh god no...It sounds great in theory, but some voices just don't need to be heard. EVER.
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

On 2005-07-30 12:39, Uncle_bob wrote:
    Voice chat? Oh god no...It sounds great in theory, but some voices just don't need to be heard. EVER.
    Why do you say that? Do you not find my voice sexy and seducing *wink*

I hate voice chat, I'm too shy and for some reason ppl never understand what I say ^_^; May have been my slow upload speed at that time...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-07-30 17:27 ]</font>
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Voice chat huh? I can assure you that it's not a great option at all.

Don't believe me? Click here and listen. Fowl language warning.