Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yup your worst/best movies you've seen this summer. This is all in peoples opinions so don't get mad when someone puts your fav movie as their worst one.

Well here i go, in no particular order

Worst:

1.Euruotrip
    Crap

2.Girl Next Door
    Crap

3.The Punisher
    To predictable and korny.(Though at the end with the cars burning up forming a skull made me laugh)

4.Samurai X Reflection
    Trust and Betrayal was good(awesooooomme) but Reflection....I fell asleep on it.

5.My Baby's Daddy
    Boring

6. Bringing down the House
    Queen latifah should be shot for doing that movie

7.The CookOut
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHH............nope

8.Hitch
    I actually was looking forward to this but once i saw it...it was just to freakin predictable. Plus Will Smith's big ears made me uneasy.

Best:
    1.Hero
    Watched it three times

2.Samurai X Trust and Betrayal
    Really cool and sad

3.Coach Carter
    Really nice movie even though shanti cannot act.

Eurotrip
    Huh? Explain!

Anyway, my favorite movie I've seen this summer has definatley been War of the Worlds. Was real good, and did have my adrenaline pumping.

I really haven't seen much else. I'm sure I'll see more soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-08-12 00:30 ]</font>

No offense but I just never really liked movies like that. The ones where sex is the main theme. Plus, after that whole nude beach scene. I am scarred for life. >.<

Oh yeah i heard about war of the worlds. I never saw it but they say it had the "What if?" question after you finished watching it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-08-11 23:46 ]</font>

I have seen the War of the Worlds and I thought the movie could have been better. Every time I go to the theatre to watch a movie now a days, I find myself falling asleep unless the movie I watching is funny or I am with some one who tries to keep me awake.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Best. No order.

Soundz of Spirit
    Showed me more insight into the music culture of my surrounding area-S.F.Bay Area and showed that even a broke college kid can make a movie and meet hip hop celebrities like Common/Andre of Outkast/etc.

Escaflowne Movie
    Recommended in the past by Abdur and I finally found a copy, used. It was made much more gory/bloody since the director wanted it to appeal to a more male audience. Saying that "women make up about 80% roughly of the fans of Escaflwone in Japan!" Hehe. Good story, albeit not very long/involved/explained.

He Got Game
    Basketball movie from 1998 with current Seattle Sonic's guard Ray Allen. About a high school phenom who had to make a tough decision concerning college or making quick money in the NBA(and all the people trying to influence him) and his father who was a prison inmate and was let out to try to convince his son to join the prison warden's alma matter(for a shorter prison sentence). The ending was a bit sad and the movie went back and forth between emotional moments. A great movie by Spike Lee that I finally got around to watching after buying it for a lil bro last Christmas.

Kung Fu Hustle
    I have seen Shaolin Soccer a couple times now and I enjoyed seeing Stephen Chow and his crew in a new setting with new roles. I remembered what each guy played on the soccer team, heh, and it was great to see them again. The movie had a lot of good jokes and a lot of choreographed fighting scenes. The special effects were over the top sometimes for emphasis and to explain parts of the story. And yeah, good ending/main story.

Worst:
    The Grudge
    The Grudge
    The Grudge

Why 3 times? I've seen the publishers release at least 3 versions of the movie now, within a few short months. Regular version, Unrated version, director's Cut version, Unrated Director's cut version.

STOP NOW.
    The movie was very boring and literally put me to sleep. I know they're cashing in on stereotype of Japanese horror movie = good no matter what movie it is theme(since The Ring/Ringu, which was just okay) and turning them into English language movies with English actors and a new script.

Well this one is terrible, stop releasing it on DVD every few months already! You can't add in 20 minutes of deleted scenes(which might have been deleted for a reason, yeah?) and a preview of the newest movie and a "free ticket" to it and justify a $20 price tag!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-08-12 03:14 ]</font>

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2005-08-11 23:23, InfinityXXX wrote:
    4.Samurai X Reflection
    Trust and Betrayal was good(awesooooomme) but Reflection....I fell asleep on it.
    That film never happened in my opinion. Characters changed way to much and they re-used shitty plots that werent needed. Kaoru had already done the 'So depressed' im going to die thing once already, and got over it! There was no way she would relapse in such a lame fashion. Man I hate that OVA.

Now onto the good stuff.

Best
    1: Hostage - Randomly watched this around a friends and enjoyed it so much. I could even forgive Bruce Willis in his boxers.

2: Sin City - Loved the graphic novels, loved the film. Could have been filmed a bit better (I would have prefered that each story interlinked and ran through each other) and I cant wait for the DVD version with all the scenes restored. Also glad they didnt show Bruce's wang.

Have no real worsts at the minute, can do Ok-ish though, as you will get;

1: Madagascar - Funny film, but the plot never really took off. You're always left waiting for the plot to build to something, but it never does. And the main characters didnt really have much character. My Dad even pointed out that the animals with the most character in the film were thr Penguins.

2: Fantastic 4 - Never really lifted itself past Ok. Was enjoyable and fun to watch, but there could have been something more to it. The collateral damage in the film was unbelievable as well. 20 cars explode on a bridge after a tight crash and nobody dies? Jessica whats her name also seemed very wrong as the Invisible Women, she didnt capture any of the original character at all.

Good movies:
    War of the Worlds
    Charlie and the chocolate factory (dont laught)
    Wedding Crachers

Bad movie:
    Dark Water (should be called "The Leak")

Worst-
    all scary movis nowadays im just bored through the whole thing

and hayabusa the grudge almost made me cry.

hmm the best?

probably Gundam Wing-endless waltz I always loved that movie..

I really cant think right now...havn seen too much movies

I think XXX-state of the union came out this year good but it was way too far fetched

Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... besides the fact that they made Charlie unrealistic, by being perfect, I liked it a lot. Willy Wonka is AWESOME, as in, his new character.

Fantastic Four wasn't amazing, but since I expected it to be terrible, I enjoyed it a bit.

EDIT: Oh man, thanks to Wazzy for reminding me.

Batman Begins... was terrible

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-08-12 19:48 ]</font>

Best movies this year in no particular order:

star wars
    sin city
    appleseed
    wedding crashers
    batman begins

you know come to think of it, i dont think i've seen a BAD movie this year