Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Karen :o

Dammit, I feel so stupid!

I was talking with one of my friends last night, and he enlightened me on how you can age quickly. Though probably with the right conditions you would probably incubate the person being born/created in what we should say a type of serum that provides food, nutrients, energy, as well as waste destroyers so it doesn't pollute the tank as much. Well one way we can do is wait for the meosis (cell division) to stop then focus on the 'stuff' that makes the cell going into mitosis (another type of cell division).

Though the tank would be heavily monitored by probably nano machines to destroy any unhealthy mutations like cancer or any genetic defects.

---

As for memory while the cell division is taking it's course, I'm guessing there would be chip to actually give some information to the non socialable interaction of the world and teach them some basics. Though the person who is creating them could be giving the information on what they need to learn and what not.

I thought I just wanted to clarify that a bit.

On 2005-09-13 10:54, Jonathan_F wrote:
    Makes me wonder if that whole thing between nei and neifirst is true. That every newman has a clone and when that clone is killed, the other dies as well.
    thats ridiculous... well scientifically it sounds ridiculous... but then again this is phantasy

thats ridiculous... well scientifically it sounds ridiculous... but then again this is phantasy
    Rediculous indeed and as the final line says, it is Phantasy star, It leaves plenty of room for discussion and speculation for a purpose.

________
    cannabis news
    Last edited by Dre_o; Jan 22, 2011 at 07:03 AM.

For the record, newmans get screwed on their age. Sue said 'a newman's lifespan is not definite' & its been shown throughout PS history that newmans do not have a long life. They have unstable DNA & that may contribute to why they have a short life. They accelerate to 'adulthood' quickly & unfortunately, its all downhill from there. I think their creators made it as a failsafe device if newmans suddenly turned on their creators or something like that.
    Its like the old saying goes "The flame that burns brightest...um...burns quickest?" Sorry, its 3am I cant remember the exact quote but you get the idea. Long ago it was explained that newmans are a cross between biomonsters & human DNA. I hope the new beast race is explained. If each of these 3 planets is predominantly 1 race or another, Id like to see how this all gets pieced together. Btw, before I get to play PSU, I dont have Episode III or IV, is there any new info thats revealed about newmans (or anything plot-wise, for that matter)?

At this point in the Phantasy Star timeline (if even applicable, that is) it could be that some enhancements were made, to make Newmen age at a similar rate to humans.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Svm Inimicus Mali

Link

From this early IGN article, I'd have to say that the Newman race of PSU barely resembles the Newmen of the Genesis series and PSO. They're a stable race of their own; just modified to be mentally stronger than humans on average. I doubt they age any differently than humans (though they might die a bit sooner due to physical frailty).

The Beasts are basically Newmen in the other direction. They began as humans modified using animal DNA for increased physical performance. At first, they were supposed to be a working class, and then branched off into the dominant race of their own world.