Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I hope there is a difference between the Human/Newman costumes, but to be honest, I can see ST making a set of male costumes, then a set of female ones, and having the races choose between them, rather than a different set for each race.

I hope there is a good variety of costumes, I have to make my female beast look as similar to Uriko from bloody roar as a can

As for the CD/DVD issue, it'd be nice if they released it on both (multi-disk CD, or one disk DVD), to keep more people able to play. However, most people have a DVD drive now, so I don't think it'd make a massive impact.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

On 2005-09-21 06:18, UrikoBB3 wrote:
    I hope there is a difference between the Human/Newman costumes, but to be honest, I can see ST making a set of male costumes, then a set of female ones, and having the races choose between them, rather than a different set for each race.

I hope there is a good variety of costumes, I have to make my female beast look as similar to Uriko from bloody roar as a can

As for the CD/DVD issue, it'd be nice if they released it on both (multi-disk CD, or one disk DVD), to keep more people able to play. However, most people have a DVD drive now, so I don't think it'd make a massive impact.
    the only thing im truly hoping for is you can customize the face of the new beast race so they dont look soooo...wierd.
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

Weren't facial features one of the customization options? I'm pretty sure that they are...

techn0rganic

Rion doesn't read anything, he just skims and posts non-sense.

for 1 ur off topic and 2thats a false accusation, ive only skimmed in like 3-4 topics,trust me ive read most of the others i read through all at once when i started, i'll finish reading everything when i get home tomorrow because i have school and a crammed schedule =/ and i read the beginning and end of the few that i have skimmed through, so make sure you know the whole story before you acuse someone of something

and ive seen that you can change the faces and voices and whatnot, i have read that and i've seen pics of it i was just simply stating that i hope that the beast characters dont look so wierd when you do make your character so its not a non-sense post..so your post was non-sense, not mine =0 (im not trying to be an A)

i wonder what all of the beast costumes are going to look like, and if you can change the way they look after a "nano-blast"

(Made all your posts into one for you. Try editting your post to add things instead of multi-posting)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-09-23 00:25 ]</font>
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

I'm sure the hair color and certain facial patters you select for the Beast will also directly alter his "Nano-Blast" form.

Incidently, I'm not an admin in PSOW, but I think double posting is a no-no around here just like it is everywhere else.

Rion, there's an edit button for a reason.

Anyway, just thought I'd add my $.02 on this topic. Having a shared wardrobe between every character class (i.e. the same texture sets) sounds like a good idea, but technically, they couldn't possibly fit the geometry of every model. You'd have to be prepared for some horrible stretching issues, and I think it'd be a big enough issue to make it a bad idea.

I don't mind the idea of seperate wardrobes at all, considering there's enough options in other areas that are probably more significant. Besides, wouldn't it suck to see everyone running around with the same outfit? :X

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Making clothing fit is something that's already been addressed. Stretching the polygons for clothing isn't much different than the stretching that's done on polygons for the character models themselves. Besides, the numans, beast, casts, and humans all have the same exact starter proportion in character creation for PSU.

That aside, based on the character creation video footage, the three organic races seem to share the same underwear sets. I imagine it'll be the same case with the clothing too.

On 2005-09-22 20:14, Parn wrote:
    Making clothing fit is something that's already been addressed. Stretching the polygons for clothing isn't much different than the stretching that's done on polygons for the character models themselves. Besides, the numans, beast, casts, and humans all have the same exact starter proportion in character creation for PSU.
    Actually, I'm not even sure we're on the same page here, but I'll try to elaborate.

Starting proportions between the characters may be similiar, but if the geometry for the character models differs between the races, you can't expect the textures to deform predictably. I'm sure, as they did in PSO, they account for the stretching that occurs when you change the proportions of your model when creating your character. Doing the same across three different races, I imagine, would force a lot of compromises in quality (as well as being a tedious task for the poor texture artist >_>). Under the assumption that the geometry is indeed different for each race, I'd imagine the most efficient way to go about creating the same wardrobe for every character would be to recreate the texture to work properly on each race. (Even if they did use the same models for each race, if they used the same UV mapping across the board, you'd get a ton of unsightly texture distortion.)

In other words, several races may indeed have access to the same outfits, but I'd be very surprised if they were created from the exact same texture file.

techn0rganic

I can't be certain anymore since its unknown if the NPC clothing will be avalable, its appears ethan pants are there for selection from the video. But I also noticed that there are multiples of the same jacket, jsut different colors. So there may be only 20 jackets in all(this is the only example I have). BUT, if the NPC clothing is selectable(probably is), this shows there's way more than 20 or so. So right Now I must conclude that my first idea in this topic is wrong. There are probably a different set of costumes for each race.

And to the post above this one:
    I bet all of the races have the same body proportions.