Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In the newest trailer of PSU (well, the newest one posted on the PSOW homepage), we got a good look at what the online lobbies in PSU was like. We also got a first-hand look at the "evolution" of the symbol chat.

...my god.

I sincerely hope they change them. They're INCREDIBLY annoying, and that's when they're NOT getting spammed constantly by n00bs.

For those who haven't watched the trailer, the new symbol chat basically has a small rectangle appear over your character, with a zoomed in close-up of your character's face. Then, the face adopts an exagerated facial expression. The face itself is surrounded by garish sparkles/rays of light.

aww, so no artistic flair anymore? >_>
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Nope. Just spammable icons. Now we'll constantly be seeing SSJGOKU characters with generic anime faces being spammed constantly.
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

Human After All

And they'll probably have sound effects on top of that. Blah.

I actually liked them o.o Not like I ever go to the popular lobbies. I do admmit though that part of the fun was the creativity but I'm willing to part with it, I never really put time in symbol chat. I also like the fact that the faces look pretty cool I always like looking at myself in online games >_>;
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

Sheesh and I thought I was gonna put my anime skill to work again... :| Oh well...at least its not stupid XD hah hah hah!
    But really the game play and everything it didn't have in PSO makes up for it right......right?! [img]:sweat:[/img] ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowhanto on 2005-09-22 15:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowhanto on 2005-09-22 15:14 ]</font>

It's a pity that the artistic skill will be lost, but look on the bright side: you won't see certain potentially offensive designs with this system.

It might not be so bad really, might be possible to edit them in some way.
    I'm sure it'll get some getting used to since it's diferent of what we were used to so far.

I'm hopeful you can disable them altogether and replaced by text alternatives with the chat balloons.

On 2005-09-22 17:35, Reenee wrote:
    I'm hopeful you can disable them altogether and replaced by text alternatives with the chat balloons.
    Amen. I would have no problem with this decision whatsoever if Sega implements some way to block them.

On the plus side, I am glad that you can no longer make n00b symbol chats (lolol look @ my hueg wang!!1), and I never spent much time making symbol chats either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-09-22 17:47 ]</font>

...At least we won't be seeing little kids' animations of whacking off any more.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."