Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If cheating does become a problem, how is everyone here going to deal with it? Personally, I got about 4 friends(maybe more) who are going to get pso for gc, so I'm probably gonna just play with them and make passworded games online and go to ships that most people don't go to(less of a chance to run into a cheater then). If people here would want to play with me that would be ok too. Thats my main way to deal with cheaters, have as little contact with them as possible. I wish though that you would drop your weapon when u would die, or atleast when u released back to pso. I mean, where is the big incentive NOT TO DIE now?? So that we don't lose our meseta?? lol. Its not like cheaters would come along and steal legit character's weapons in games anyways. They can just hack insane weapons for themselves. But back to the point, I think having as little contact with other people in random games and Lobbies is a good way to stay away from cheaters, but then that kinda takes away the whole point of PSO, to meet other players online and talk and play with them......almost seems like anyway u look at it the cheaters win
    (This is for the GC version of PSO)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Musashi on 2002-08-30 00:24 ]</font>

0_o

I just like to point at people and yell "Cheater! He/She's a dirty Cheater!" It's like the good ol' Salem Witch Trials.

"Its not like cheaters would come along and steal legit character's weapons in games anyways."
    A cheater would probably like to steal the weapon just to make the victim miserable =^_^=.

Hmmm, I guess you just have to meet a few people at random, and hope they don't end up being a rotten apple =>_>=.

I used to live in/near Milwaukee... You anywhere near white fish bay? =x

Well, the few instances I've ran into cheaters, they were mostly bragging about all their 1337 items and about how much HP/TP they had and how high their stats were. They really didn't give a rats ass about me. I supose there are those cheaters who might PK u and steal your weapons to piss u off. I've ran into a couple thieves before, but they were legit(as far as I knew) and legit thieves don't really piss me off like cheaters do.

I really live in Mequon, just when people ask me where is Mequon I say near Milwaukee.

I really hope that SEGA has learned something from the DC version of PSO on how to prevent cheating and PK'ing. DAM N, I lost a character with over 100 hours of playtime thanks to PK'ers. Luckely my friends helped me out a lot.

It's just no fun playing if everyone has super rare weapons and mags.

The game still have an offline mode. The game still alow you to play with your offline characters.

Sonic Team is a slow learner, alas.

You know avoiding cheaters is alot like avoiding STD's. Don't have sex/play in open games, or if you must have sex/play in open games ,take measures to prevent an overly big loss. Use protection/locked games with a close knit of people, or use protection/bu yweapons from the shop to use instead of your good ones.

Bad analogy >.<

Lol thats the funniest anolgy I've ever heard!

I met these two stupid cheaters that killed falz in like 2 hits so i didnt get any exp. That really annoyed me, to have to go through the ruins to get absolutly nothing.

On 2002-09-08 10:48, War_Child wrote:
    You know avoiding cheaters is alot like avoiding STD's. Don't have sex/play in open games, or if you must have sex/play in open games ,take measures to prevent an overly big loss. Use protection/locked games with a close knit of people, or use protection/bu yweapons from the shop to use instead of your good ones.

Bad analogy >.<
    Better than the one of cheating being equal to murder.