Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Online

The Arrogant Ninja

Do you believe in love online? Well, I once did(Or still do).

I remember one morning when I logged on PSOver1(around spring/summer2001), I was curious and went to the European servers. I joined a game and met people from various european countries. It was 2 guys, a girl, and myself. One HUmar who called himself Raven, was saying romantic lines to a HUnewearl named Susanne. Susanne seemed uninterested though. Raven for some reason was jealous of me. Though Susanne I guess didn't like him. As the weeks pass by I get more friendlier with Susanne the HUnewearl. One night I went to meet another HUnewearl friend of mine named Angel on Puck16, but I noticed Susanne became angry. I talked to her and she didn't want me to see her. She really liked me.
    Even more weeks pass by and Susanne and I traded email addresses and sent each other email everyday. Slowly my feelings accumulated and I actually fell inlove with her. Was it real? Or was it just some roleplay? Infact it was real, we even wanted to meet each other in real life. But it is expensive to travel from the US to Sweden. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that she is from Sweden.
    As my love for Susanne flourished, it seemed that her's was slowly fading(Or so I thought) I started hanging with a different crowd and so did she. I used to check her guild card to see if she was on. When she was on I jumped with joy. But when I simple mailed her, she wouldn't respond. so I thought maybe she was AFK. I waited and waited and when I checked her guild card again, she logged off! Not only that she wouldn't reply to my emails anymore(She'd take like a week or 2 to reply). When I finaly checked her guild card again, I went to see her locked game and she was alone with another guy(A scottish/british HUcast by the name of Pete). I met up with this "Pete"(Who at the time was making a website and dolls for her) and when he found out Susanne and I were "together", he freaked out and became my sworn enemy. We went at it for weeks to come and Susanne and I were having constant problems.
    The problem was pretty much solved(yeah right). But we both stopped playing PSO. Susanne and I fixed things up a bit. She had no interest in Pete anymore(doubtful). We sent each other email from time to time but the relationship just faded like ashes blown by a gale wind. I just went back to my "life" and continued school and work.
    I still think of her from time to time(She is suposedly playing Diablo2 now). To tell you the truth, I miss her. Will I ever see her again? That question remains to be answered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GorgeousShadow on 2002-08-30 15:44 ]</font>

Careless, ignorant, and insensitive

Love online depends on how far you take it. There is a point it which you need to realise its just a game.

nope i mess around but nothign serious

..I'd play the World's Smallest Violin..but honestly...there's just no drive at the moment.

Love online and an online relationship that can fruit into a close relationship(living together, marriage, etc) are different. I love alot of people online, my friends.

There's a point where you have to look at whats going on, and actually ask the people involved "Do we want to take this further, or should we stop?". Obviously if she was in Sweden and you can't get there, it was kind of bad to keep going. And you both seemed to be jealous when the person would play the game with other people. That should have told you it wasn't really dedicated.

ah well..live and learn =
    Look, he did it again.

Saiyan Grand Master

Umm, if it gives anyone else some hope...I got a cute asian hottie from NY to come and visit me and made rappy noises from my room for a whole week. We don't talk much because I've stopped playing PSO and she's been leveled to Store Manager at Old Navy but that was a wild month that resulted into a really wild real life week. So, love..maybe, but nookie..most possible.

Rappies on a stick! Only a Farthing!

When you start getting jealous of the "partner" playing with other members of the opposite sex, alarm bells should start to ring.

And it was a bit of a mistake to tell Pete that you and her were still an Item when she was obviously fed up with you. There's nothing weirder than having a boyfriend and not knowing it...

But really, getting jealous of them playing games with other folk is just crazy! It's just a game! It's not as if they're going to make passes at her and have fleshly intercourse right then and there!

Isn't it so right, to begin with, though?

I think online relationships are great, as they focus on something all relationships should: a person's personality.

On 2002-08-30 19:32, Tuir wrote:
    Isn't it so right, to begin with, though?

I think online relationships are great, as they focus on something all relationships should: a person's personality.
    Yes, thats what they should revolve around. BUT, when you are getting jealous of your significant other playing with other males alone in games...thats when it's alittle over board.

Being possesive is never good, trust me.
    Look, he did it again.

The Arrogant Ninja

Indeed, I have learned a lot about myself in this very ordeal. Online relationships can work. You just have take it easy and not make innaccurate mistakes(like me).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GorgeousShadow on 2002-08-30 20:55 ]</font>

Squidsquatch

Online relationships can certainly happen, and they can certainly go places. In a week or 2, a friend of mine is stopping at my house on his way to Colorado. I met him here at PSOW, oh so long ago.

It just depends on the people.