This is something I worked on tonight. It's a point of view map overlooking a valley. Not much really to say about it. I steered away from most coloring so that the different areas were easily viewable. Some of the areas are definitely more bare than others, and I didn't follow through with the shading on all the mountains and hills.

I'm interested in knowing what it's for. It looks like something you'd see in a classic Fantasy RPG.

I was thinking of making something along the lines of this and putting it into Flash for the front page of a website that VioletSkye and Saiffwin are helping out with. The coloring was not finished, and places left bare for a reason. We'd be putting locations there and linking them to different parts of the site. I didn't even notice that I needed to crop this image a bit before I posted it here. I've done that since then though.

That sounds like a cool idea, I'd like to see how it turns out.

Very nice. ^_^ It'd like to see someone sitting on the cliff edge. And if it's used it flash you could have a 'Newearl with twitching ears.
    That'd be cute.
    Anyway, onto the map, landscape:
    Much better then I can do. But! Something about the mountains bugs me. Since I live in a mountainy place.
    On a side note: Hurrah for google image search in getting referance pictures!

And the nearest water edge is a bit flat. Unless you put like, a man-made metalic edge/rail of sorts there. <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ColonD on 2005-10-10 16:00 ]</font>

Yes, some of the mountains and hills ended up looking more like turds. Oh well.

The flat water edge near the lower middle of the picture was originally a coustline, but then I just kept putting more watery areas in the drawing since I liked them.

Thanks for the replies, you people.

Skorpius, I'm surprised you don't know about the project already. I'm pretty sure I forced Melanie to visit the place a few times already. It's in need of a ton of work, but we'll get it sorted out eventually.

Speaking of that, I'm looking for some amount of content to place there. If you have any you'd like to submit, just PM me here and I'll point the place out to you.