Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

lick here for screen shots

QUEST REVIEW: SOUL OF STEEL

The Objective of this quest is to rescue ELENOR's sister ULT. ULT is a Red RAcasteal and is VERY powerful. The area in the quest is current being controlled by the WORKS force (The pioneer Army.), so the area is highly restricted. You along with MONTAGUE and ELENOR have to sneak in. This has absolutely AMAZING effects that I have seen nowhere else in any part of PSO. This quest will bring back memories of metal gear solid. Having to avoid the guard?s sight. The whole quest is made up of small objectives. Some more difficult than others.

This quest really brings out the best in the game and is probably more RPG like than ANYTHING you will have played on PSO before. You really get an atmosphere for the situation. Plus there's some extra music near the end. Like a keyboard version of the PSO THEME TUNE.

It incorporates everything that a Final Fantasy quality RPG would have. A great story line. There's one bit where you have to avoid being seen by GUARDS (NPC RAmars) and another bit where you have to fight against the clock to stop a bomb. Another part where you have to follow ULT without losing her sight. You have all the excitement of a shooting game, At one point you even have to fight a group of WORKS people, you also have to trick guards, run from switches to beams as quick as possible (timed switches.) and even try to guess the route that ULT will take by using our knowledge of where she moved last time you have to plan out where to go.

The part at the beginning is the most fast paced play on PSO I've ever experienced. It's you ELENOR with a SNIPER (Blue Rifle) MONTAGUE with a C-BRINGERS RIFLE, this meaning that together you can eliminate the enemy?s pretty quickly, as they are both lv55 even on normal! On top of that the monsters regenerate really quick.

Very player involving. Even though it's not technically FMV it is very very like watching a movie in some parts. There's a massive explosion near the end. Really incredible Effect with an explosion that's probably as big if not bigger than when falz appears from the pillar!

By far the best quest I have EVER played and it's a download! If you haven?t tried this quest yet. You absolutely must!

I won't spoil anymore-just get on and DOWNLOAD THAT QUEST! (^_^) By Rtm3000. ShadowDragon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mikev2 on 2002-09-05 12:28 ]</font>

what the hell?
    Isn't soul of steel a very old quest? and is this not just another attempt to spam your site?

You are EVIL (or simply think we are just a bunch of dumbasses)! O_o

Ban him! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!! >_>

On 2002-09-04 13:56, mikev2 wrote:
    lick here
    *lick*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatneko on 2002-09-04 14:40 ]</font>

Otherwise know as Hououza

Ah, take a look at his location. You see Soul of Steel only just got released for European gamers in the last few days/last week.

Up until now we could not download it at all.

Do you know whats worse...my friend set his language to Jap and got a Japanese quest...he got a Chu Chu Mag a KapuKapu Mag and a ChuChu Fever (0slots) by just talking to someone on Pioneer 2...

Everyone join in here...UNFAIR!!!

Yes this is right we in the EU have only just got the new quest this is not a spam some pple are really interest in PSO and not them selves take your head out of your AS* and spell the fresh air the world is changing around you.

if you would like i can change my post to EU only.

Hey sucka, do you know where the Alps are? In Europe, right? I'm from Europe too, sucka.

Beside your lame explanation and excuses, yours is another lousy attempt to spam this board with your lousy, crappy, shitty, gay Web site.

I just hope you'll get banned soon, really.

Otherwise know as Hououza

Ok, sorry I must have been mistaken.

*Appologises to all*

But seriously have you tried getting the JP quests at all?

It seems that one of them has the Black Ring in it?

Only person who used that avatar and blatently flamed alot was greg/Gally. Hmmmm see any similarites?

That review is crap. There's nothing all that different about soul of steel from the other quests, and it's an offense to compare it a great like Final Fantasy and MGS.

For those that haven't played it, there is no sneaking around; in reality you have a couple of seconds to get out of the enemy's field of vision, and if you get caught you're sent back to the starting point. I should also add that the enemy movement is very easy to memorize.

PSO is an action/rpg, notice how the action part comes first? The game is at its weakest when it tries to tell a story. I much prefer when it throw hores of enemies at you like in TTF or Famitsu.

le Couer Supplicie/Yume wa Kanero

lmao, u people are merciless, OFF WITH THEIR SCROTUMS!!!!!!!