Coolest gaming con I've seen in montreal! Well, ok it was the first but for a first, it was quite impressive! With minibosses in concert, their first in Canada, and Junky XL on saturday night, it was joygasmic! Even waiting in line outside at 45 F was fun

The Nintendo booth was the coolest, there was tons of freebz, tournements, and it was just fun to play with teh new Zelda! Or just at Mario Soccer almost owns my soul.

The Xbox booth was lame, like ... really lame. The Xbox 360 there shouldn'T have been there. I mean seriously, Kameo LAGS. And not in the game, no, in cutscenes! The game is nice, but it has the worst usage of the xbox 360 potential. Sure the ground is made of like, bricks that has 5 000 polygones (or so they look like they do) but these are resource-hugging details that you won't get to notice in the game! And, speaking of ''noticable nice graphics'' ... the explosions look like they were taken from first generation-PS2 game <_< o with the joyful blurryness of N64 games ... on a slightly higher resolution. So my opinion of the Xbox 360? I hope I shouldn't build one right now, cause that game tarnishes ''whatever potential of the console has'' after you stay for 5 minutes watching this game.

Playstation booth? Ok, better then Xbox, I could play Shadow of the Colossus and that's all that mattered :3 (I know it's out but who cares! lol)

On the other side, pass the stage, there was the PC game boot. Call of Duty 2 definitly owns my soul. I need a new soul now ... err I mean computer. And there was a semi-entertaining Counter-strike source booth.

The coolest part of the evening. Minibosses. O and also The retro gaming room ... with minibosses

They rocked the place untill Junky XL came in, but by that time, I was out of battery, and out of memory. And it was also time to go X_x so I missed half of XL. O well!

O and before all of these guys, there was this girl named Kim, aka Bubblyfish, that was remixing some 8-bit music with nothing but a gameboy! and a weird lil program ... anyway the show was awesome, even if there was a bit of annoying distortion from time to time . Lights were blinding and I just really like the look of that dude on the screen for some reason ROCK ON!

- picture-o-rama -

Entrence of Arcadia! - Nothing super-flashy, but cool nevertheless.

Pingu-Pongu! - Totally Old School ;p my grand-ma used to love that game. Too bad I can't play with her anymore! *shaky fist at life

Nintenbooth - Right as I got in, it was pretty empty, but later on you could barely move you way in there <_<

*coughKameo*cough - Yeah ... o my and they were filming that. I think they really want to reduce the Xbox 360 sales or something >_> I kid I kid! I think it'll be a great console ... it's just that ... why o why did they have to show this game at the booth!

@rcadia - Ah rock on dude! We seem to have a satisfied customer here. Well that's a nice lil view of the place, with the center stage still pretty much empty. At that time they were doing sound tests for the upcoming show.

+Music+ - Here are some of the VJs we have here in MTL. You too dude, ROCK ON!

Body-armor painting - There was this dude there that took about 4 hours to paint a body armor on on that girl. The amount of detail was impressive. Nice job man!

Nullsleep! - The dude rocks! Check his site out at nullsleep lives here

OMGWTFBBQ WOOHOO! THX SANTA! - O the 70's, the coolest time for video games. It was new, it was blooming; it was just big pixels, it was just all about big scores. Ah good times.

Fun For All The Family! - Remember these pictures of sugar-high kids playing Atari games? That's what I tried to represent here Thx to Dave and random gurl (she reminds me Donna from That 70's Show) for your cooperation and awesome posing!

2600 *o*/ - The wonders of the 2600 will amaze the young folks and keep them up 24/7! Hurray for this new thing called ''video games''!

The section of the con I liked the most? The Flashback section! O man there was even a Sega Saturn there with VF2 XD But my favorite is the Vertrex. *drool* I want one!

link to site HERE -> Festival Arcadia

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2005-11-07 18:43 ]</font>

Awesome. Didn't know such an event existed. Sounds like a blast. Aside from Zelda, what did Nintendo show? Did you play some Mario Kart DS? And Kamio... yeah, that game sucks. Call of Duty 2 is much better. They should have shown that.

Don't hate me because I am a Lunga! Hate me becaus roygbiv's Avatar

Haha... music wise... nullsleep and Minibosses are both awesome. The "kraid" theme done by the minibosses is just an amazing joy to listen to.

Also not sure what nullsleep played, but I am a big fan of the 8bit -> depeche mode gameboy mixes that he has.

Ah... to get an EE degree and become a musician!

But anyways seemed like an interesting event. Kind of frightened at how this "cons" are becoming popular. First E3 used to be a trade show... now it has become this bizarre media blitz type deal (that with a little bit of connections anyone can get into) and now it seems like even Blizzard is throwing their own "con"

Personally from going to E3... I am not a big fan... (can't stand being in crowds of people... and man are those places packed)

On 2005-11-07 20:06, Skett wrote:
    Awesome. Didn't know such an event existed. Sounds like a blast. Aside from Zelda, what did Nintendo show? Did you play some Mario Kart DS? And Kamio... yeah, that game sucks. Call of Duty 2 is much better. They should have shown that.
    I really liked Zelda ... but after seeing shadow of the colossus? I'm not impressed. I'm sure the story will kick SotC's ass, there are a few annoying lil things like horse games in Zelda that ALL girls there seemed to love like, more then chocolate or something, so I didn't really get to try it beyong that. And since I was so impatient to move on, after 5 minutes in front of the TV I ran out to the PC booth and drooled all over CoD2.

Hmmm as I said, Nintendo showed a soccer game, a bunch of DS game including Mario Kart DS ( which is not as awesome as I thought it would be, the SNES version looks better to me ) Game-wise, they didn't impress me much ... but their booth really kicked butt!

My purchase for the holidays after the con will definitly be the Atari Flashback 2 console with 40 games in it. Yup, 1) I'm broke, and can barely afford this 35can$ suprisingly light and cheap-looking plastic console 2) I fell in love with 5 of the games in there, and for 35$ I'd STILL see it worth it for all these 5 games (including 2 never released before Atari prototype ) 3) I feel Ol skool, bite me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2005-11-09 02:37 ]</font>