Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how do you think the new weaopons will work in PSU? The bow will have to do something pretty interesting to out do the Handgun or rifle. what about the Laser? will it be piercing or what?
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!

Hmmm, I've thought about that too.
    The addition to the bow will give the ranged weaponary a new look. I'm not sure if it'll outdo the guns in accuracy, but it may have more power behind it...or better special effects.
    Poison tipped arrows, anyone?

The bow could possibly have exploding arrows or something along those lines. That might bring it more in line with other weapons. Or, perhaps there won't be arrows at all and it will just fire like a rifle or handgun...

Svm Inimicus Mali

There's always the possibility of arcing shots. Bows might be the only weapon type that can attack over walls.

I use internet slang for comedic purposes only.

I'm ironically more psyched about ranged weapons than the melee weapons. Ironic because I'm going to be building my character as a melee fighter... but I have to say I'm looking forward to the bow as well. Its said that it will have greater range when you use FPS mode so maybe that is what will set it apart from other ranged weapons. It could have power a bit lower than a handgun but greater range.

techn0rganic

I believe the laser will resemble the photon launcher, withthe ability to hits several enemies in a row, by penetration.

Speaking penetration(not sexually), do you suppose the Newearls will get megid penetration once levels high enough in magic(blah, we haven't even seen megid yet)?

Hey, look, I'm new! ::gasp!::

Butuhm... Ya, ya... The new weapons look fun and all, but, WHERE ARE THE SLICERS!? :: Fauksie want slicers... ;.;

And as fer Megid... I hope they bring back the OLD Megid... Yanno what I'm talkin' about... BOOM! Hee...

Edit (Like, already): Oh ya, as for how they will work: If it's truly going back to its roots, what with dual wielding one handed weapons, the bows from PSIII, and whatnot... I'm expecting something like: Guns will have a set kind of damage rate, but will ignore a target's defense; whereas a bow will respect defense, but its damage will vary depending on its attack power and your own strength. Laser-and-Vulcan type weapons will be capable of hitting multiple targets, whether in a line or a burst, respectively. Melee weapons are all obvious-you hit things with them, they die. The ranged weapons are all speculation, obviously, no hit the fauks.

However, I would like to restate: SLICERS! That is all.

Okaybai. ::runs and hides::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFluffiest on 2005-11-18 01:35 ]</font>

What about lasers? Will they be similar to a Snow Queen in that they pierce but no combos? was that explained or what?
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!

On 2005-11-18 01:19, TheFluffiest wrote:

Butuhm... Ya, ya... The new weapons look fun and all, but, WHERE ARE THE SLICERS!? :: Fauksie want slicers... ;.;

And as fer Megid... I hope they bring back the OLD Megid... Yanno what I'm talkin' about... BOOM! Hee...

Edit (Like, already): Oh ya, as for how they will work: If it's truly going back to its roots, what with dual wielding one handed weapons, the bows from PSIII, and whatnot... I'm expecting something like: Guns will have a set kind of damage rate, but will ignore a target's defense; whereas a bow will respect defense, but its damage will vary depending on its attack power and your own strength. Laser-and-Vulcan type weapons will be capable of hitting multiple targets, whether in a line or a burst, respectively. Melee weapons are all obvious-you hit things with them, they die. The ranged weapons are all speculation, obviously, no hit the fauks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFluffiest on 2005-11-18 01:35 ]</font>
    I NEVER used slicers...

I wonder if you can reload your guns?
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

On 2005-11-18 10:23, Rion772 wrote:
    On 2005-11-18 01:19, TheFluffiest wrote:

I NEVER used slicers...

I wonder if you can reload your guns?
    But alot of other people did.

They NEED slicers. Slicers have been a staple weapon of the phantasy star series, and they couldnt just do away with them. Lets HOPE that they are still there... And if so, I'm wondering if they will use the old school boomerang style throwing slicers, Or PSO's version (which I personally like more)
    I know alot of people that are going to throw a tantrum if there are no slicers.