Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

The site staff works very hard to give people their due credit. Sometimes we may miss something. If you feel there has been a grievous error, send me a PM and we'll discuss it there. This thread is about discussing problems related to the Site Move.

I would not recommend any further attacks on the staff. If you have a problem with a staff member or how something is done on the site, I'm always open to discussing things via PM. However, this thread is not an outlet for public accusations or berating. These people dedicate their free time to keep this site running and it would not be here at all if it weren't for them. I am 100% for improving the site and community, but there is a way to do so without being disrespectful to those who will ultimately be taking on the task of making those improvements.

Let's get this thread back on topic so that we can concentrate on resolving issues relating to the recent server move. The sooner we get everything working corrently on the new server, the sooner we can get back to work on other things.

People who are mad about the full page ads are cracked. Is the extra 2 seconds it takes you to click "Continue to PSO World" really that big of deal?
    PSO World needs the extra money that they can get from these ads. I would rather have these ads than than have a lousy PSO World.

On 2005-12-11 14:55, Derek0660 wrote:
    People who are mad about the full page ads are cracked. Is the extra 2 seconds it takes you to click "Continue to PSO World" really that big of deal?
    PSO World needs the extra money that they can get from these ads. I would rather have these ads than than have a lousy PSO World.
    Just to clarify something... The ads belong to Gamespy and we do not generate any revenue from them.

The biggest problem we are seeing right now is that some users (and staff) are receiving multiple consecutive ads, meaning that clicking the 'continue' link at the top of one ad just takes them to another. This is definitely not how the ads are supposed to function, and is a problem we are trying to get fixed immediately.

On 2005-12-11 15:05, Tomeeboy wrote:
    On 2005-12-11 14:55, Derek0660 wrote:
    Just to clarify something... The ads belong to Gamespy and we do not generate any revenue from them.

The biggest problem we are seeing right now is that some users (and staff) are receiving multiple consecutive ads, meaning that clicking the 'continue' link at the top of one ad just takes them to another. This is definitely not how the ads are supposed to function, and is a problem we are trying to get fixed immediately.
    Oh, I get it now. Thanks for clarifying.

when you get a Pm window to pop up, it's covered by the greetings! message.

On 2005-12-11 20:33, Scott_Kuda wrote:
    when you get a Pm window to pop up, it's covered by the greetings! message.
    Heh.. sorry about that We had to find a way to get the message to show up on every page without having to manually edit every theme, and that was one of the side effects. I'll probably be taking that message down sometime in the next day or two, as we expect to have the remaining bugs worked out very soon. In the meantime, a temporary trick to get your PM link is to just highlight the text that pops up in the box and drag the cursor down.

Edit: You know what, scratch that. I came up with a little workaround that solves the problem PM windows should be greeting-free now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2005-12-11 20:42 ]</font>