Evander Holyfield has been all down hill since the first time he fought Tyson. The last time that i saw him he was doing the salsa in tights on fox =(
    tyson basicly self destructed after the first lost to Holyfield.
    oscar Del la hoya cant figure out if he wants to box or sing .
    Roy Jones Jr = lets not even discuss him stick a fork in him he is done.
    James toney apparently he is currently the best heavyweight out there to bad he got caught cheating using STEROIDS and stipped on the belt.
    Klitsko retired because of to many injuries.
    And to top it off the last great warrior Bernard Hopkins was defeatedfor the second time by Jamaine Taylor.
    Is it just me or should boxing pay per views only cost like $10 bucks do to lack of talent

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Well Bernard may not have had much of a chance.
    The guy was 40 going up against a guy in his 20's.

Sooner or later, even for someone like a Jerry Rice or Michael Jordan(who was plagued by knee tendinitis his whole Washington comeback trail), you have to hang em up.

Tyson is 43 now?

Evander is 50ish? I dunno.

De La Hoya got knocked out by body shots. What happened there?

Oh and by the way Sylvester Stallone still is pressing forward with his Rocky 6? the last one was over a decade ago?

Boxing is the biggest sport for athletes not knowing when to retire though. Muhammad Ali learned that all to well, as did many others. Its sad to see him affected by Parkinson's disease, but that might have been due to all his time in the ring and all those head shots.

I'm lucky to have not watched any pay per view events since Tyson v. Holyfield 2.

And for the most part, the lighter weight fighters are more exciting to watch. There's more punches being thrown, more rounds, less Don King- a good thing, and more than enough fighters to go around.

The heavyweight division hasn't been what it used to be for some time now.

I haven't watched a lot of big-name fights lately (only because I can't afford to spend the money on PPV) but I followed The Contender pretty closely.

I was so disgusted at the damn judges during the Contender Re-Match event. Firstly, regardless of how I feel about Anthony Bonsante, he came out and fought a hell of a match. Jesse Brinkley looked like he'd just rolled out of bed, he was slow on his feet, his moves were sloppy -- Bonsante outboxed him EVERY ROUND. And yet for some reason the judges awarded the fight to Brinkley.
    As for the headliner, I thought that match should have gone to Peter Manfredo, Jr., not only because I'm a Manfredo fan, but because he proved he deserved it. His performance in the re-match was ten times better than it had been in the original Contender fight against Sergio Mora. Mora looked like, well, that he hadn't trained since winning that million bucks. And yet the judges not only gave Mora the fight, but unanimously as well.

I figured maybe the results had been rigged for TV ratings value as Mora and Brinkley had been "favorites" throughout the duration of the original Contender contest, but as I did further research it seems that bad scoring is a common problem in boxing. Which is pretty sad -- Hell, I have no boxing training and I could easily tell who was in control of the match.

Sorry to derail this with my mini-rant, but I think it speaks not so much to how the big names of boxing are faring, but these are the young guns, for the most part -- these are tomorrow's big PPV names. All it gos to show is that sloppy boxing and ignorant judges are sending the sport down the tubes.

Fujiko, Skyly HUnewearl (Level 3) - PSOBB
    Otsune, Purplenum RAcaseal (Level 19) - PSOBB

Little Mac could beat any of those guys. :/

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

lol yea he did beat tyson after all