Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Old Man

The three Gol Dragons will come down and you will fight them, then one takes off slightly before the other two - that's the one to focus on.

It can be hard because if your engaged and whacking for all you're worth, you may not be able to see all three dragons at the same time - the force can probably pick it up a little easier.

On 2005-12-16 14:14, Sitka wrote:
    The three Gol Dragons will come down and you will fight them, then one takes off slightly before the other two - that's the one to focus on.
    IIRC: At the moment when the -two- dragons spawn, the most northern one will be the real one. But, if you are too close to the northern one at the moment of spawning, the other dragon will be the real one. At least, that's how it used to be on GC.

PSO Assassin

I miss cmode.

You guys should record your runs (using fraps). I'd like to see BB cmode in action, and the ep4 cmode stages (if they are ever released).

Old Man

You should try it out Del.

Ran yesterday with Charlie, Rod and Midas (at least that's how I know them) and had a lot of fun getting my Ramarl through episode 1 and getting e2c1 done.

Then today, got with HNIC, Shigecki and Bless and had some decent run on ep 1 despite horrible maps.

Love c-mode.

Hmm... I might give a shot at this. Still somewhat unfamiliar to C Mode. I know the basics, it's the maps that get me. But wth window mode, I can just use maps. I need to get some serious C Mode in, and I need me S Rank Needles.

C mode Force

If you want to play TA, you MUST know the maps by heart: deciding where you have to go next may waste 3-4 seconds every room; add that up for every stage and you could be wasting 2-3 minutes. Not only that, but in switch rooms / split rooms, make sure that the same people go to the same switches/ same way every time.
    There are a lot of 'tricks' that we use on Gamecube for Episode 1 that you guys from X Box might not be aware of. I won't know unless I see you playing. As yellow5 suggested, having some videos could help out.

Old Man

HNIC is very, very good and knows the maps very well. Shigecki is also awesome and knows the maps. Notos and I pretty much follow their lead and although my skill as a c-mode player continues to improve, I need several runs to get the maps/trick down.

We're learning the little things. For example, I was always taught to let one player run Garanz and then race through. Now, I'm learning to be more aggressive and attack the Garanz full out to save time. I'm still having trouble handling some enemies 1-on-1 without taking lots of damage, but getting much better at it on every run.

If I can run several more times with this group and others equally experienced, I'm sure my times will continue to improve. I'm not set up to film our runs, but will review Del's videos and continue to practice.

What I found on xbox that worked very well for me was to really explore a map and practice the tricks with two persons disregarding time until I felt pretty comfortable with each route. I haven't done that in ages, but I am definitely up for that to improve my play.

We had quite a group going this past weekend and if this continues, we should have a decent c-mode community to learn from and grow with. All my characters are "Sitka" something so look for me on Coeus 3 if you're looking to practice TA. If I'm not with a group and you want to jump down for some two-person practice, I'm up for that.

I like the idea to attack garanz. But I don't agree with dropping freeze trap on them.

In ep2, we can try to have the same people go after the same mob since spawns are fixed.

By the way, who's Bless?

Sitka wrote:
    We're learning the little things. For example, I was always taught to let one player run Garanz and then race through. Now, I'm learning to be more aggressive and attack the Garanz full out to save time.
    On 2005-12-19 14:03, Notos wrote:
    I like the idea to attack garanz. But I don't agree with dropping freeze trap on them.
    Just to set things straight:
    There is no need to drop freeze traps. In E2C, garanz attack themselfes if you stand right behind them. And then I really mean, thightly against their backs. In TA, considering dmc, I think it's best if the two HU's in an optimum 2Fo2Hu team get behind the garanz and the Fo's get ready to dash in the next rooms. Dropping a freeze trap is good for safety reasons, but depending on your playing style, is a waste of a trap.

Talking about E2C2: it's a while ago, but once in a 4fo E2C2 game, we noticed that 3/4 forces (FOnl) had an extra tech boost for one simple tech. *I'll try if I can get a screen of this.* Is this still in BB, and does anyone know how and why this is? If no one here knows the answer, I'll post it in the general forum.

GO TO HELL C:

CCL, I'm pretty sure I had Summit Moon equipped before we started, which is what someone pointed out could've caused it. We can test it sometime if you like.

Although everyone in that run was calling me a cheater and I couldn't even see the extra damage XD