Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heh, I just started playing pso for the dc, and I had a few quick VERSION 1 questions, which I feel very dumb for asking, because I could'nt find the simple answers:
    1. After you max out your atp, what are the ways to increase damage output?
    2. Does every other stat cap at 999 like my atp?
    3. Does distance from your enemy effect your miss percentage?
    4. Are the stat caps increased in version 2?

Thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aragorn14 on 2002-09-13 20:32 ]</font>

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

1. grind your weapons (the +1 or +2 on your weapons). Each + adds 2 ATP. Also, look for higher percentages against certain types of enemies. A sword could make booma ka bobs in the forest, but it might be suicidal to use the same thing in the caves. That's due, in part, to the percentages. Anything with 60%-60%-60% is obviusly a hacked wep. Also, GET BETTER WEAPONS. It goes without saying.

2. on v1, the default cap for everything is 999, although it's hard to get everything to 999.

3. Uh, I can't say. It sure does seem that way, doesn't it?

4. in v2, the cap extends WELL beyond 1500 in max ATP (with weapons attached, etc). I think it's 1999 or somthing like that. You can also get a base ATP (without the weapon) of at least 1000, since it's required for the Lavis Blades.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

This is probably the dumbest question of them all, but will an orotiagito do more damage then a DB saber even with maxed out ATP? I wasn't sure exactly what factored in to your damage. Thanx for the answers.

Your base ATP doesn't matter. So if the Oratiagito is better with a base attack of, say, 500, it will still be better at 999. Now, if your DB saber is grinded to the max, it would be a different story.

Another thing, 999 is NOT the stat cap in V1, your stats can go higher (and you will notice a difference) but 999 is the highest number it will display, even though your ATP can get higher.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

Lol you JUST started playing DC Version 1? how come you dont just wait untill the release of PSO GC. Unless you dont have GCN and are not getting it..

Heh I don't know, I just saw it in my pile of old games, and started playing it, I never really played hardcore before now, I got to level 7 and decided it was too much like EverQuest, but now I don't care

EDIT> I might get GCN, but I figured I might as well get a level 100 on DC before I start EP 1 and 2 so I'm not a complete newbie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aragorn14 on 2002-09-15 12:53 ]</font>

lol, PSO is NOTHING like EQ. For EQ, they are selling lev 50 chars online. You would need a lev 150 PSO char to equal a lev 50 char from EQ.

It's just on a different scale -_-, level 60 is like 200.

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

What would my lvl 159 PSO character be like in EQ?