Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Ok, so while scanning through my PSO Art Book (Credit... Ryo... blah blah all that jazz), I found a page with some characters. They looked like they ewre drawn for cover-quality, but they don't use the staple basic characters (Ash, Bernie etc etc)

It looks like a little side story ST made, so I'm kinda curious what it's about. I'm sure the, "From Sonic Team," blurb on the second page would explain it, if I knew Japanese >_>

I have an idea that it could be the people from the quest, "From the Depths," the people stuck their for 100 years, and the thing on the second page is Dark Falz, but the characters don't look anything like the people in the quest. Still, if anyone can translate the blurb, helpful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../PSOcomic1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../PSOcomic2.jpg

- -
    Edit: huge scans, tags removed to save forum tables & some site's BW. ;3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-01-06 14:18 ]</font>

the red HUmar's hair is a bit... brushy (?) and the blue has the face for a FOnewm

On 2006-01-06 13:40, Stan wrote:
    the red HUmar's hair is a bit... brushy (?) and the blue has the face for a FOnewm
    Hey, don't diss the mixing and matching! I like stuff like that myself (though I admit it looks a little weird) But on to the topic, that does seem like and intersting little plot we, the gamers, were never told about....OR I could just be WAYYYYYY behind on my in-game lore....

EDIT: And actually, I recognize those faces from somewhere here on PSOW....just no idea where....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-06 13:54 ]</font>

PJ wrote:It looks like a little side story ST made, so I'm kinda curious what it's about. I'm sure the, "From Sonic Team," blurb on the second page would explain it, if I knew Japanese >_>
    Ya know, you are close. From what I remember, these chars are from a fanfic/side story that ST like, most likely winner of a contest. They like it enough to have it illustrated & be in their artbook.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Yes like Dhylec said, its a fancomic made by one of the artists... if I'm not mistaken, I think AUTO_ has that copy of that comic. I do not have the title with me at the moment to relay it to you in case you want to find it.

Y'know, I was looking at that at some point this week, myself. Left me thoroughly confused, for certain.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I had been curious about that myself for a while. I like the characters, except for that odd dollop of sour cream hairdoo the Humar has.

there is something similar to those in the DC art book. I'll scan them if I get the chance.

I have the same book ^_^. I always figured they were part of a story book. I coulda swore I saw it on ebay a long time ago aswell. o_O

GO TO HELL C:

I still don't even remember seeing that at all when I had the book. Very funky.

On a side note, not everyone knows that I'm a "Ryo" Oh PJ, trying to not give me credit to the clueless!