Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was catching up on GAMEFAQ GameCube PSO Epi I & II board, when I came across several post that reports of a German article saying that players found a glitch in the game. The glitch allows players to dupe items without using a cheat device.

Yes, you heard right. Duping is possible already in the JP version of PSO Epi I & II without a cheat device.

According to the article, it also states that many angry emails was sent to Sonic Team from German importers and Japan players in regards to this problem.

I am sorry I don't know how to put the link thingy to the posts, but it is in GAMEFAQ GCN PSO Epi I & II Boards. Someone did a pretty good translation of the German article.

This is bad if it is true. It's not only 3 days since the JP release of the game, and ppl can already dupe items.

But duping without a cheat device was also very easy for the DC.......for a short time. They corrected the problem.

It still boils down to the same end result. Are you going to, or not? You have the choice to ignore it if you wish.

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

Well... if it's some how done offline I don't see how it can be fixed, unless items have some sort of #ID. In which case they could patch the servers so if two of the same #id numbers are present in a game the items get deleted.

Then again I don't know how it's done, so maybe ST can fix it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-09-16 13:54 ]</font>

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

On 2002-09-16 13:42, merlin wrote:
    But duping without a cheat device was also very easy for the DC.......for a short time. They corrected the problem.

It still boils down to the same end result. Are you going to, or not? You have the choice to ignore it if you wish.
    *Kicks Merlin's tush for old times sake*
    You know darn well they're going to have a bunch of cheats out for it sooner or later. Merlin is right. Its all a matter of how you want to play your game. They have password locks to keep the cheaters out if you want. Personaly I don't care about dupes and generated weaps. It really isn't going to ruin the game for me. I used to be into that whole 'I'm legit and your not so you suck thing', but I grew out of that phase. Now I'm an older, wiser DangerGirl, who knows that its to each their own.

Which is PRECISELY why good 'ol DangerGirl is one of my favorite people to game with.

I don't hack or dupe. BUT......I WAS kinda fond of a certain overblown spread needle that was a gift to me. I simply just used easy shot, grabbed my exp then stepped back. I would never use it to piss anyone off.

*spanks DG back....just fer old times sake*

I wouldn't worry about it......ST will fix it most likely....

this info has already been posted in cheaters, where this thread will be moved to.

Meep. I guess I'll copy my s-ranks so I can do battle mode without having to worry about FSOD.

It only works offline and if u dupe special weps and go online with them they are automatical deleted but other than that u can dupe mats and stuff so,

For those of you that says that rares have unique ID#s now - where is the proof of this?

Hypothetically, if there is a unique ID# for each rare, someone at GAMEFAQ brought up a good point : Is the rare time-stamped? If not, here's a scenario he used :

Say you are playing multiplayer offline. You duped a rare. Gave one of the rare to your friends OFFLINE. Then he goes ONLINE with his memory card. Your friend makes a trade with the duped rare. Then you go ONLINE with your memory card and your rare.

HOW IN THE WORLD THE SERVER DETECT THERE ARE TWO IDENTICAL RARES, IF THE TRADED RARE WENT OFFLINE WHILE YOU ARE ONLINE? If the rare is not time-stamped, which rare will be deleted? You have to remember that the game is NOT server-dide saved, it is memory card saved. Confusing questions, huh?

As for ppl who believe that ST can easily patch this or fix this, it will be difficult because the glitch is in the software - it is not a code. Other than re-writing the software or banning the player/item, the server cannot do anything to 'fix' this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RUNE_WALSH on 2002-09-16 18:37 ]</font>