Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

A "Type" section was added under System and the "Enemy" section under World was updated today.

I'm not exactly sure what the "Type" section is supposed to be about. Perhaps it is related to the Player Shops we heard about a couple of days ago?

The new monsters look fairly menacing. It is hard to determine whether they are supposed to be bosses or not. We've seen the Mechs before in previous videos.

As always, could someone extract the pictures (screenshots, profile pictures of the monsters, and mini-screenshots under "Type") and provide translations?

From the looks of it, Type is how you build your character growth! I think its by assignign points to certain weapon classes, thus the weapon tree. I was able to make out 3 words.... those words being... Hunter. Ranger. Force. Finally some new info on character class customization WEEEEE

edit: Correction, I think you pick between jsut the 3 classes. It said Hunter lvl 1, ranger lvl1, force lvl1. SO i think when you lvl up you'll get points to assign to which class stats you want to level up. It also seemed certain weapon classes were highlighted when each class was highlighted. As to be expected Hunter was mostly melee, with a few guns, ranger was mostly guns with few melee, and force was the hous some melee... and apparently the BOW is a force weapon too.

edit 2: I also noticed taht some weapon classes were greyed out despite what class was selected. So as some assumed, I'm guessing this means that certain weapon classes are unlocked once you're a higher level at a job class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-13 04:26 ]</font>

I'll work on actual translations when I get home from work later today, but for now, I'll at least supply some enemy names. First we've got Grina Beat, a mech-type of enemy. Next is the Cog Nadd, a native creature of Moatoob. (That's the spiky one.) And finally, the Bil De Bear, another native of Moatoob.

The "Type" section is definitely very interesting.
    We can't assign stats directly, but we can assign levels to the specialization types (equivalent to the old PSO classes) we want to develop.

This brings a whole other meaning to growth strategy, since if you want to develop two diferent types, you'll have more options open to you, but you'll also develop a certain type much slower than someone who specializes in a single type; of course, it also means the person who specializes in a single type will have less options, thus making this system definitely very interesting and strategic for character planning.

Is it just me or the Bil De Bear is a cousin of the Hildebear (Hil De Bear?) and his variations? ^_^;;

Grina Beat, the upgraded model of the Sinow Beat?
    I don't mind, I always loved the Sinows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2006-01-13 06:19 ]</font>

Here are the new "Monster" images.

Here are a few more extracted from the monster swf (it would be nice if they made these images as transparent gifs so that the background doesn't show up lol.)

And here are the "Type" images.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-01-13 06:57 ]</font>

1. Bil De Bear? I told you guys...the Hildys are back. Run for the hills! LOL

2. Type huh? This is going to make character leveling very difficult & complicated. What stats to lvl & when. Hmmm. Should be fun.

Now that I'm taking a good look at those pics, notice how the Grina Beat robots have diferent arm configurations.
    One has blades, one has blasters (apparently) and one has rocket launchers (also apparently).
    Wouldn't surprise me if they also had diferent name variations among them, much like the Sinow series had in PSO.

On 2006-01-13 07:17, OdinTyler wrote:
    1. Bil De Bear? I told you guys...the Hildys are back. Run for the hills! LOL

2. Type huh? This is going to make character leveling very difficult & complicated. What stats to lvl & when. Hmmm. Should be fun.
    Hey can yall tell me where did yall find that at?

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com

Thats the official Japanese website for PSU. Every week ppl just pull images & text (which needs translation of course) & they get put up here.

I SAW SOMETHING!!! ETHAN'S LEFT HAND IN THE THIRD PIC DOWN!!!! HE IS HOLDING AN SMG IN HIS LEFT AND A SABER IN HIS RIGHT!

And on the 4th down on the far left, the small looking beast (forgot his name) seems to be jump kicking the enemy...

EDIT: And the four legged things look a little like either Del Biters or Glugus Gue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-13 07:48 ]</font>