Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I recently started running Viridia Ult Mines out of boredom, and was merrily tearing up the place with my HUnewearl. Once I got to the Baranz, I found that the only way I could get past them was to run in circles round them, making them hit themselves.

The reason for this is because without the so-called 'grace period', the missiles continuously hit me, and basically OHKO me. Now, with EXP loss, i can't let this happen.

Firstly, I need to know why this happens- is it because of my HP or DFP? I've heard conflicting reports, but don't particularly want to test it.

Secondly, any tips for taking them out before they hit me?

Cheers.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Chaos Raygun 50% hit, then leave the room. Either that or get a v501 and Rainbow Baton =P

GO TO HELL C:

It's because of HP, I think if you have over 1000 HP, they don't knock you down, but I'm not 100% sure of that number.

Stand right by the door, just inside the room until it runs up to the door. The missles it launches won't hit you because they'll hit the roof/wall right above the door. The odd missle might sneak through the wall and hit you, but it won't ever be more than one. If there's two, the second one will kill the first one while trying to hit you. If there's just one, just shoot it while standing just inside the room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-02-04 18:39 ]</font>

Yeah, unfortunately, I have 1034HP, without any HP increasing gear, so I can't lower it.

I'll keep an eye out for a Chaos Raygun (in addition to a high Hit% Demon's one for Tower/Ep4 )

Also Saiffy, I'll give that a try, thanks for the advice.

I thought you get knocked down if the attack hits you for more than 1/4th (or some other fraction) of your max HP, and that it didn't depend on how much max HP you had. Did Sonic Team change it or something?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2006-02-05 06:54 ]</font>

Been a while since I played, but I'm quite sure it's based on a % of your max hp

Basically, one missile hits me, does around 160 damage I think. Then, I take another 160 immediately from the 2nd missile, another 160 from the 3rd, and so on. What it ends up as is an instant-kill.

Except Ult baranz do 240 per missile... or are you playing VH or something?
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I wasn't taking exact numbers Saffran It's hard to tell, in less than 1/2 a second of missiles, I'm dead.

Try taking off your shield or if you want to deal with some stat loss, remove your armor.

Decrease DFP(not base, but the number next to it) if you can't decrease HP.

Sounds good to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-02-05 09:57 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)