Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Not sure if everyone knows this yet but since no one has mentioned it...

-There will be a new PSO Card Battle game for GC next year. You, uh, battle each other with cards and it uses the same lobbies as GC PSO.

-There may possibly be a new stage added to online mode: Control Tower. Apparently, Yuji Naka wants PSO to have as long of a life as possible so extra goodies will be unlocked online once in a while.

http://www.zdnet.co.jp/gamespot/tgs/...ews/02/19.html has the article but in Japanese obviously

-Rumor is that another glitch in the game lets PK happen again. Not sure how it's done exactly but a popular Japanese 'hacker' site apparently posted some info about it. There are also other glitches found to be exploited that have been verified (making 0 slot armor into 4 slot for example). Hopefully, all this will be fixed for the update disc.

http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/ge...&topic=4419100 (no site is given for the source but topic creator did give it to me in private and can't post it for obvious reasons, namely I don't want to get banned )

There may possibly be a new stage added to online mode: Control Tower. Apparently, Yuji Naka wants PSO to have as long of a life as possible so extra goodies will be unlocked online once in a while.
    (Sonic Team really pissed me off. Ooo "keep the game with as long life as possible" oh but you could not do that with the DC versions eh? Go screw yourself)

Careless, ignorant, and insensitive

On 2002-09-23 08:30, Chaos_Knight wrote:
    Hopefully, all this will be fixed for the update disc.
    I thought they never confirmed of attually going ahead and doing the update disk thing. I hope they don't.

Blue Harmony

-Rumor is that another glitch in the game lets PK happen again. Not sure how it's done exactly but a popular Japanese 'hacker' site apparently posted some info about it. There are also other glitches found to be exploited that have been verified (making 0 slot armor into 4 slot for example). Hopefully, all this will be fixed for the update disc.
    If these are true, then added to the mind-boggling dupe bug, they show that the amount of incompetent programming at Sonic Team has reached new incredible heights.

As a programmer myself, it makes me puke.
    As a gamer, it makes me cry.

Is this new stage already in the game or is it kept server side and then downloaded? Anyway, if in the rerelease they release a new level and a changed ep 2 ult then i will consider restarting. Getting the same damn game glitch free and having to start over will be a pain in the ass though.

Veteran Fighter

it would have to be on the disc already somehow. no way you could fit a new level on the gc memory card.

On 2002-09-23 11:35, Dellimia wrote:
    There may possibly be a new stage added to online mode: Control Tower. Apparently, Yuji Naka wants PSO to have as long of a life as possible so extra goodies will be unlocked online once in a while.
    (Sonic Team really pissed me off. Ooo "keep the game with as long life as possible" oh but you could not do that with the DC versions eh? Go screw yourself)
    The only problem was that no one bought the dream cast and there were only a few good games on it anyway. PSO being one of them.

Bleh. I won't be getting GC PSO. I refuse to pay money for an inferior product (US version). I really have no reason to play this game anyway.

On 2002-09-23 17:33, WeaponX3523 wrote:
    Bleh. I won't be getting GC PSO. I refuse to pay money for an inferior product (US version). I really have no reason to play this game anyway.
    Why do you feel that way Weapon?

As far as I know, the new stage should be in the programming already because a patch would be pretty hard to do for an entirely new stage. As for when it would be unlocked, one can only wish soon. It could be BA-only, used for an online quest (someone at Ragol mentioned some evidence suggesting this), or possibly a new regular stage. Time can only tell.

PK wouldn't be too much to worried about since it should be easy to fix with a server-side patch at least. It does make me wonder if even worse glitches can be found in the game at this rate though (new NOL anyone?). As it stands with PK, it's little more than an annoyance now that you can't drop your weapon.