Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On 2006-02-19 00:03, Guntz348 wrote:
    Motovians were shorter then Palmians (humans if you will) and more stocky on average. Judging by looking at them from PSII and PSIV I would say they were around 5'4"-5'8" at the most but wieghed in around 180 pounds on average. They were basically pure muscle, going by the PSIV description of them and they were definatly shorter then the Palmians and Newmans in that game. In PSII they were also shorter then the humaniod characters, but also seemed a bit more heavy set.
    For the most part, I agree with the stat summaries put here except for maybe the height. Wouldnt they be shorter than 5'4"? I mean Chaz's nickname from Rune in PSIV was "Shorty" & he seemed even taller than Gryz. This leads me to believe theyre in the 4' range. See, if the height could be confirmed then one could wonder what their weight is. I do agree that theyre more stocky & muscular. Theyre similar to dwarves in that respect (my fave race in DnD/medieval type games).

I've always thought they were much shorter than Humans. Around 3-5 foot?

I remember the first time I saw them in PS2 I thought they were like jawa rip offs or something because I couldn't see them clearly. It wasn't until they actually had portraits in PS4 that I realized what they really looked like.

I'd put them around the same as a short stocky human weight wise...maybe a little more.

On 2006-02-20 12:03, shinobu_seta wrote:
    I'd put them around the same as a short stocky human weight wise...maybe a little more.
    OK so are we talking 3, 4, or 5'? Then based on that height, the weight? Under or over 100? Under or over 200?

I would say they are least 4'6"-5'4"-ish, but the adults would be closer to the 5 foot range. I really don't think they'd be that short. The 200-250 pound range sounds close for there average weight, as they were mostly muscle. I would estimate that Chaz was about 5'11"ish and Rune probly about 5'5"-5'6" area. When they stood next to each other that would put Gryz right near the 5 foot marker.

On 2006-02-20 21:32, Guntz348 wrote:
    I would say they are least 4'6"-5'4"-ish, but the adults would be closer to the 5 foot range. I really don't think they'd be that short. The 200-250 pound range sounds close for there average weight, as they were mostly muscle. I would estimate that Chaz was about 5'11"ish and Rune probly about 5'5"-5'6" area. When they stood next to each other that would put Gryz right near the 5 foot marker.
    Dont you have Chaz & Rune confused? Rune always called Chaz "Shorty" & he was clearly 'not average height'. But then, I used to be called Shorty & Im 6'6"...go figure. As for mid 4-5 ft range, wouldnt 200-250 still be kinda...um overweight? Even considering muscle tone, would that be accurate? Idk why this wasnt brought up before but its a pretty interesting question. People just presume Palmans at being average, Dezorians at 7+ ft tall. Motavians are an interesting lot.

Haha yeah your right I did get them flipped, I can be a bit dislexic sometimes.... and yes I know it's not spelled right.

I did notice Gryz was not too far under Chaz's height. Still tho, Motavians have seemed to have gotten taller over the years. Well, they were REAL short in PS & PSII. Then they grew a foot or more apparently. So if late 4ft-early 5ft, then one would have to figure out their weight then. Hmmm.

On 2006-02-20 21:45, OdinTyler wrote:
    I did notice Gryz was not too far under Chaz's height. Still tho, Motavians have seemed to have gotten taller over the years. Well, they were REAL short in PS & PSII. Then they grew a foot or more apparently. So if late 4ft-early 5ft, then one would have to figure out their weight then. Hmmm.
    Um, isn't there more people other than Gryz living on that planet, why just him?

On 2006-02-20 21:58, Sharkyland wrote:

Um, isn't there more people other than Gryz living on that planet, why just him?
    Well mostly because Gryz was the only one who was in the still frame potrait shots. Those gave the best comparison to the other characters, who would be basically equal to human sizes.

Well his sister Pana was MUCH shorter than he. So was Grandfather Dorin. But then, you gotta figure in their ages. Just like humans, Motavians start out short, get a bit taller, then shrink as they age. Makes you wonder tho...if Gryz was say 4 or 5 ft tall, Pana had to be REAL small. Like 2 & 1/2 or 3 ft? Basically, your typical human child's height.