Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

..... at least for me and a few other friends I have talked to that have been playing PSO since day one on the DC is not actually ep I & II. The enclusion of a few extra characters (mostly retexture badguys) and levels (still inclosed in rooms/areas) with more balanced out magic, making people finally giving a thought to the jester looking FO class, it just has that been there done that repeatily feel to it. And frankly I am starting to care about the new version of PSO less and less from what I hear from the GC owners of the import..... I know some of ya might flame me for saying that but I was hopin for more out of PSO (its been almost 2 years since the orignal PSO import for DC came out), even if it does have some (stay on a path open a door and move on) pretty graphics for the new stages. It is generally the same old same old, it sadens me abit, ST has become really lazy...........So what do us old PSO vets play, that are looking for a substitute for the PSO fix that would have the feel of PSO with a whole new light, where ya can run, ride, fly, chat, chop, shop, fish or just kick back at atown tavern where you are not confined to 4 member teams or lobbies..... This is what I was hopin for in PSO, well maybe we will get it in a true sequal sometime down the road, I'm gonna miss my RAcast till then, but right now the thing thats got my old PSO juices flowin with excitement is True Fantasy Live Online. You should see this thing in motion!

Rappy Hunter
    Wherever my computer goes, there goes home...

You could always look into text-based online games. Stay away from stock crap and try out things like Avalon, Cardea, Orone, or similar...if you get into them, they can actually be pretty fun, especially since you have to read and use your imagination a lot more.

I've also heard Dark Age of Camelot is very nice, if you want a graphical game...though that (and, admittedly, Avalon) are pay to play as well.

So you're saying if they take PSO and remove every bit of the formula that made it popular to begin with, you'd play it?

Every single 4-player game ever made, ever, in the history of the universe, is a clone. Every one of them. PSO Ep1/2 is PSO V2 is PSO V1 is Diablo is Doom with 4 people playing. It can always be boiled down to "4 people playing a game" and therefore PSO can never be anything new and still be PSO.

This particular type of game is what we call a "genre". MMORPG's where many people can co-exist in the same area are a *different* genre. If you think True Fantasy Online is unique, please refer to Ultima Online, which is in the same genre, and therefore TFO is simply UO with a different look.

Then again, I bought PSO way back when, not because I expected an MMORPG. It's because I expected a 3rd person 4-player co-op game. I still appreciate this genre. If your expectations have changed, you should move along. There's nothing more for you to see here.

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

Sonic Team has promised a brand spanking new PSO (excluding PSO EpI&II) in the Xbox's future. It is going to be made from scratch and I hear they are reworking the fighting/movement system. Of course it's a ways off but at least that will give ya something to look foward too

*this package not a winner please try again*

How can they change the fighting/movement without converting PSO into a four-player Legend of Zelda? I mean, unless ST invents an entirely fresh control system that has never been seen or even imagined by mankind, it'll end up on the path of more an adventure style game... at least in my mind...

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

it doesn't take a genius to know that PSOs' current movement system is crap... Repositioning the camera shouldn't be required in any game. IF it controlled more along the lines of Hunter: The Reckoning i'd be pleased

On 2002-09-24 08:22, WEBSTER wrote:
    ..... at least for me and a few other friends I have talked to that have been playing PSO since day one on the DC is not actually ep I & II. The enclusion of a few extra characters (mostly retexture badguys) and levels (still inclosed in rooms/areas) with more balanced out magic, making people finally giving a thought to the jester looking FO class, it just has that been there done that repeatily feel to it. And frankly I am starting to care about the new version of PSO less and less from what I hear from the GC owners of the import..... I know some of ya might flame me for saying that but I was hopin for more out of PSO (its been almost 2 years since the orignal PSO import for DC came out), even if it does have some (stay on a path open a door and move on) pretty graphics for the new stages. It is generally the same old same old, it sadens me abit, ST has become really lazy...........So what do us old PSO vets play, that are looking for a substitute for the PSO fix that would have the feel of PSO with a whole new light, where ya can run, ride, fly, chat, chop, shop, fish or just kick back at atown tavern where you are not confined to 4 member teams or lobbies..... This is what I was hopin for in PSO, well maybe we will get it in a true sequal sometime down the road, I'm gonna miss my RAcast till then, but right now the thing thats got my old PSO juices flowin with excitement is True Fantasy Live Online. You should see this thing in motion!
    like i said in a previous post. SONIC TEAM SUCKS MONKEY ASS. They are lazy sob's and can do better. Ever since the downfall of dreamcast, Sega's games to me well...just blow. I'm hoping Shinobi will KICK ASS because well...it's just SHINOBI DUDE!....and PSO well....i don't care what anyone says, i'm buying it because i love online communities. PSO was just so fun for me. honestly i think Phantasy Star was a shitty game. If it didn't have an online mode...the game would have been one of the worst games. I play the game for the fun of chatting with other people i don't know. and i lvoe meeting new people. i mean the game brought all these great people together to this site. =) Well...Sega ur offline games are beigging to blow hard ass. bring me better games dammit, jetsetradio is so boring, sonic is getting lamer and lamer with their crappy new ideas. Shinobi better shine

if you guys dont remember, gc pso was just suppose to be a port of v2 with 2 new classes. THATS IT. GC pso and DC pso were suppose to be on the same server so that you could trade exclusive rares that each version had. I know i will like this version, because i actually liked v2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: googles on 2002-09-28 07:12 ]</font>

On 2002-09-27 18:29, Agent_Reav wrote:
    it doesn't take a genius to know that PSOs' current movement system is crap... Repositioning the camera shouldn't be required in any game. IF it controlled more along the lines of Hunter: The Reckoning i'd be pleased
    I'm not sure. I loved the camera in PSO on the DC. I could stand in a corner with the camera un positioned behind my character and then get a view from the front of my character as enemies ran in. This was also useful to get a side angle when being attacked by certain monsters.

It was better, in my opinion than a sky-view would have been. You were right down next to the action, you had to turn around when that blip was on radar to see what it was, and when it turned out to be a big beast like a garanz, it really got you moving.

I look forward to the new releases of PSO, because it's Sonic Team's game, they know the vision for the game that they made, so all I can do is play what they give me. =)
    Look, he did it again.