I Dream Of Sleep

and it seemed alot different from what i expected. But not in a bad way.

The dvd is in two halfs, Death being the first and Rebirth the second.

Death is a compelation of scenes from the anime series, just catching you up on everything. If you havent seen all the series (like me, ive onl seen up to episode 13), i dont think it will totally ruin anything for you. It mostly just skims over all the characters stories.

Rebirth is a totaly new part to the Evangelion saga, set just after the last angel has been stopped in the series. From what i know, its just rounding off all the loose ends from the series, and im guessing you probably dont want to watch this part of untill you seen the whole of the series.

The music is great on the dvd. Theyve used some of the music from the series and filled in the rest using classical music, which is a great scene setter, and also very spooky. Some of the animation in Rebirth though seems to be a bit rough though, unlike the anime series.

I also felt that Death and Rebirth is alot darker then the series, more akin to the manga. Not alot of happy things happy in the film, its all really dark and moody. Also the ending is a bit of a cliffhanger, making you have to shell out the money for End of Evangelion (whenever thats released in the Uk).

If you liked Evangelion, you have to get this dvd, but you will have wanted to see the whole series before you watch the Rebirth part. And now im off to wait for Sci-Fi to show the other 13 episodes of Evangelion.

Mmm... we got EoE last week stateside.

I Dream Of Sleep

Yeah, but your a lucky americain

I reckon EoE should be out in the uk around december, giving sci fi plenty of time to finish the series off.

I felt ripped off by the tease that was the little bit of death.

SPOILER BELOW AULGHGHGLH

Have all these Eva's circling Asuka, then cut out?
    That's like saying, "OMG HERE HAVE A NEW CAR BUT YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE IT FOR FIVE MILES AUGLGLGHGLHGLHG"

Okay shitty analogy, but you get the point, if you owned all the DVD's of the episodes you felt ripped off like I did.

-_-

Mmm... the cliff hanger is worth it.

EoE comes out in Australia in 8 days

EDIT:original message was
    "comes out in Australia in 8 days "
    come on, we arent THAT slow -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abaddon on 2002-10-02 00:11 ]</font>