Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1) Visit http://www.google.com;

2) On the textbox, write "PS3 release date";

3) Good luck.

Never.

It has been cancelled in fear of complete destruction by the Gizmondo. A sad day for a potentially great system but now we can look toward the future with our gaming system Gizmondo.

Nah but really, my guess is September of this year.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

Didn't you hear? The PS3 is the new Phantom.

it will be released one or two months after the blueray-comitee finally decides on some final specs.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Well, to have a good launch, not only is Fall the best time of the year to do it, but you also need some good games with the launch, or said launch is going to fail miserably.

And seeing as the PS3 really only has one interesting, exclusive title... I wouldn't doubt that they're wanting to get Metal Gear Solid 4 out, as close to release as possible. Not to mention all the stuff about their wasted efforts with Blu-Ray. Can Sony even afford to lose as much money as Microsoft is on their systems? I'm not too fond of the idea of a $700 game system, that has almost no interesting games coming to it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

?????????????????????? That answer your question? No? to bad...
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

It's up in the air right now with many third-party publishers literally guessing. The President of Namco Bandai said that a Spring release is "impossible" and that the publisher is still awaiting information from Sony on the console's release.

Publishers are said to be working towards a Q3/Q4 (Fall/Winter) release for their games. Unless the console gets delayed into 2007 (don't ya hate rumors?), the PS3 will be on a crash-course with the release of Nintendo's Revolution console, also slated for a Fall/Winter release.

Chances are we're going to get the final confirmation at this E3. Just wait two more months.

Down for the Getdown

I'm a lil scared for Sony and the whole video game industry in general right now. Why I'm scared for Sony is...Well...Secretly I'ma PS fanboy, and I'm afraid they won't be holding the top spot for too long if they keep going in this direction. The PS3's price is sopposed to be high as heck and I'm sure the games will be expensive too. The reason I'm scared for the industry in general? Well cause...Now with all this technology games are ever MORE expensive to make, which will lead developers to pump out even more sequels to ensure they get a profit. No more original games? No, just less of them. No more weird ass games like Killer 7? No, just a helluva lot less of those. Kinda stinky... =(

On 2006-03-11 10:55, DizzyDi wrote:
    I'm a lil scared for Sony and the whole video game industry in general right now. Why I'm scared for Sony is...Well...Secretly I'ma PS fanboy, and I'm afraid they won't be holding the top spot for too long if they keep going in this direction. The PS3's price is sopposed to be high as heck and I'm sure the games will be expensive too. The reason I'm scared for the industry in general? Well cause...Now with all this technology games are ever MORE expensive to make, which will lead developers to pump out even more sequels to ensure they get a profit. No more original games? No, just less of them. No more weird ass games like Killer 7? No, just a helluva lot less of those. Kinda stinky... =(
    Sequels? Only if you stick with sony. I think they're stifling the videogame market personally. So it's the fault of your beloved sony that the games are getting more expensive to develop, Nintendo at least are finding other ways to advance gaming that doesn't include nothing up the graphics and nothng else.

So there.