Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Not to my knowladge... the only music from PS that I know got remixed into PSO is PSII's battle music. (Trick Track 2?) I'm sure there's more instances, but I don't have a very good ear for picking out tunes.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I believe both the "A longing to ancient times" (Temple) and "Tricktrack" (Spaceship) features assorted PS-series music. Tricktrack Part 2 is, of course, the most obvious due to the dominant PS1 dungeon music arrangement.

Let's see, the four stage themes for Temple and Spaceship. Parts of them might be original, who knows, but parts I recognize.

Alonging to ancient times part 1 - There's two main parts to this. First one I don't know, second one is a remix of Power from PSII

Alonging to ancient times part 2 - There seem to be two or three main parts to this one. One's a remix of one of the PSI dungeon themes, I don't recognize the other stuff.

Tricktrack part 1 - Part of it is Violation from PSII, dunno what the rest of it is.

Tricktrack part 2 - The other PS1 dungeon theme, Rise and Fall from PSII(<3).

(Oddly, despite liking at least the recognizable elements of the two Tricktracks in their original form, I still hate Spaceship's music. Bland remixing. I can listen to Alonging to ancient times part1 all day, though, heh.)

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Episode IV also incorporated some old tunes. "Nostalgia in Solitude -PART 1-" has blatant usage of Phantasy Star III's title theme at the 2:13 mark, and "Nostalgia in Solitude -PART 2-" uses the tune that plays in Lashute on your way to defeat Rulakir as well as Dark Force's theme from Phantasy Star III, both in bits and pieces throughout the song much like what is done with Tricktrack.

For those that didn't play Episode IV, or don't ever intend to, here are the songs in question, and reference music from Phantasy Star III:
    Nostalgia in Solitude -PART 1-
    Nostalgia in Solitude -PART 2-
    PS3 Title Theme
    Lashute
    Dark Force

Should be no issue regarding legality of the above music since you can't purchase it, heh... so enjoy.

Hmm, that's interesting to know. You say the PSIII theme is used in Ep 4? In any event, I can't play it, and those links won't work for me. I don't know if it has anything to do with me using Mozilla Firefox but all I see is a blank page with the URL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthMegatron on 2006-08-25 07:46 ]</font>

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Someone broke my site. Network Solutions is currently doing some maintenance on it at the moment. It'll be back up later.

so that's the Return of Alis? good thing it didn't happen.

I personally love PSIV: End of the Millenium the way it is.

PSIVRoA sounds too ambitious to end up being as polished and solid like EotM turned out to be. even with FMV cutscenes and the like they were aiming to achieve with RoA.

the story would have greatly been different and probably no where near as good as how it turned out.

besides why would Alis return? why not everyone else in PSII and PSIII who sacrificed so much to protect all that is good?

Alis was in a Gaiden or Adventure game but I didn't play that beyond the start.
    Besides her hair was purple in that game. PURPLE. and green eyes.
    How's that for staying true to her origins?

Well, considering that she was supposedly a clone... go figure.

Meh. Wake me up again when a US release for PSO2 is announced, mmkay? Mmkay.

a clone??? surely they could have come up with a better plot.

On 2006-08-25 10:21, OnnaWren wrote:
    Well, considering that she was supposedly a clone... go figure.
    Wait...I thought Mina was the clone (that is, she was a clone of Alis, but the purple hair/green eyes Alis was the original)?