I already know how much a hunter's liscence is, and I bought one of those online thingies that hooks up to the bottom of the gamecube. I have DSL, so what do I need to buy now? -.-

On 2006-03-12 13:47, Giiven wrote:
    I already know how much a hunter's liscence is, and I bought one of those online thingies that hooks up to the bottom of the gamecube. I have DSL, so what do I need to buy now? -.-
    You need to purchase your Hunter's License and if you want to share your DSL connection with your pc/s, then you will need a router as well. That should be it unless the GC is in another room in which case you may want a wireless ethernet bridge (also called wireless game adapter.)

courage is solid
    mountain area!!!! destroying gibbles's way of life

On 2006-03-12 13:51, VioletSkye wrote:
    You need to purchase your Hunter's License and if you want to share your DSL connection with your pc/s, then you will need a router as well. That should be it unless the GC is in another room in which case you may want a wireless ethernet bridge (also called wireless game adapter.)
    so you connect your broadband adapter ro your computer? where can you buy the wireless thingy
    ratchel-fonewearl-138, chaostorm-hunewearl-152, kairi-ramarl-135, cloud-humar-62 amateratsu hucast 42 darksonic -racast 64

On 2006-03-13 11:01, PSOPRINCE wrote:
    On 2006-03-12 13:51, VioletSkye wrote:
    so you connect your broadband adapter ro your computer? where can you buy the wireless thingy
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. What I was saying is that if the OP wanted to go online with PSO and still be able to go online with his/her pc/s, then they would need a router. If he/she doesn't care about that, then they could simply plug the BBA into the modem and powercycle. If the modem and/or router is in a different room, then they could purchase a wireless bridge to connect to the gateway (whether it be a wireless modem or router.) That way they wouldn't have to worry about running a long cable from one room to another. On a side note, you can connect your GC to your pc and share the internet connection using ICS (internet connection sharing) but it's a pain and not nearly as stable. Hope that all made sense

courage is solid

most of it except the sharing thing when your online for gc you wouldn't be able to use your internet unless you get the share thingy is that bout right? sharing=pain
    ratchel-fonewearl-138, chaostorm-hunewearl-152, kairi-ramarl-135, cloud-humar-62 amateratsu hucast 42 darksonic -racast 64

On 2006-03-13 13:39, PSOPRINCE wrote:
    most of it except the sharing thing when your online for gc you wouldn't be able to use your internet unless you get the share thingy is that bout right? sharing=pain
    If you have a router then you can share the connection between your computer/s and your GC easily. If you share your connection using ICS, it can be a pain (especially if your pc isn't using a wireless connection because then you need 2 NICs (network interface cards.)

courage is solid

i'll get a router then how much will i have to shell out

I have a router and wireless...what do I do? xD