Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Mod+Bat = Family Fun

On 2002-10-05 17:53, BioFan wrote:
    On 2002-10-05 13:29, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
    I don't think we pay HL fees. I remember seeing in the XBOX LIVE Beta Page that we only pay XBL fees because we play on MS' SERVERS. Theres no extra fees other than XBL.

P.S. People should stop dissing other systems in subtle ways and then deny it coughSpycough...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy on 2002-10-05 13:31 ]</font>
    If it is on MS server, IT SUCKS!!!no HL SUCKS!!!no HL means no downloadble content...on MS sever means Sega can't add in stuff...so no downloadble content...THAT SUCKS...I would rather pay HL fees like the japanese will be doing....pay a little more but we get something back...GCN's fee sucks, but it's better than no updates...I would rather pay $10 a month and get constant updates than free and no updates at all.....US gamers stop whining about fees...The Japanese didn't even complain a bit...if you don't like fees, then don't play online games...there are bad and good things about monthly fee...but in PSO, I want the downloadble contents so I don't mind to pay.....

Oh by the way merlin, I don't think there is a graphic push in XBox version...I believe it's just a straight port of GCN version.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-10-05 17:55 ]</font>
    $9 a month for US PSO GC is absurb... The Japanese pay half that amount! XBL subscription fees include updates and extra content unless the third party (SEGA) wishes to charge a small fee for this service (Extra Characters, etc). An HL covers server maintenance... The servers belong to MS not SEGA I don't see how that would work.

On 2002-10-05 18:33, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
    EXTRA CONTENT IS INCLUDED IN XBL!!! I guess none of you are in the XBL Beta Testing, I am. I read every page on the beta site. Downloadable content, patches, and updates are included in the subscription.
    I am in beta...you can find me posting in xbox beta forum too...ya it is included, but Ed Fries also states that MS allow any developer to charge additional fees...he told us to expect them for games that requires constant updates and maintainance, MMORPG...He also said you may need to buy the extra downloads as well...he gave an example as a person playing in UC buying a vehicle or getting a new char skin or stages and you may need to pay to enter tournaments...you may not need to pay for every games, but there are some that requires extra fees....
    Sonic Team doesn't work for MS...they need to get paid for creating new contents...they got their money in GCN version from the monthly fee...but in US, if it is indeed free, they don't get anything once the game is released, I doubt they want to add extra things for Xbox gamers...Xbox is not a sega console...they don't give a damn...actually I don't too...I got an Xbox just for Sega games, PDO mainly...without SEGA, it's just a system full of FPS and racing games...something I am completely has no interest in...
    ANyway Ed fries describe the XBL service as a basic cable service...you need to pay extras for premium stuff...you need to pay extra for HBO...don't you??So PSO is somewhat like HBO, while some games are like PPV, you pay only when you want to buy that extra chars or stages...
    They never really states one pay for all games...that's what people assume, but if yuo read ed fries interview or j allard interview, then you know what XBL is really about...

On 2002-10-05 19:04, Agent_Reav wrote:
    The servers belong to MS not SEGA I don't see how that would work.
    I heard of two different things, one PSO is on MS server and one PSO is on Sega server but connected through MS's server first...but who knows MS and Sega won't release a thing about PSO-X...and probably they won't release such stuff to public, they don't want to give too much information to the hackers.....but who cares, as long as they work fine, it's not our concern...at least not for me...
    right now, it's all just speculation or rumours on this subject...I also heard that in the future, MS will allow any developers to have their own server, so they need not have to be in MS server...but XBL is just to make these developer easier since they don't need to maintain their own...but who knows, only rumours and speculation...to me, as long as MS and Sega has a way to make PSO-X work and we get downloadable content, free or not free, it doesn't matter. I want PSO-X and I want the downloadble content...other things are not my concern, beside how much is HL/month...just hope it's same or cheaper than GCN ver

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-10-05 19:19 ]</font>

Veteran Fighter

it is on microsoft's servers. like I said as far as I know MS is publishing the game here. I'm not averse to paying for the game, but be serious 90% of your hunters lisence fee is going towards the bandwidth. If I gotta pay more than a couple bucks a month I'll have some words for SEGA.

Skilled Fighter

An extra fee of 600 Yen is being charged in Japan because the Japanese get the full game 100% free with their purchase of the XBOX Live kit. There is no such bundle in America, so we must buy the game seperatly. Sonic Team will get their profits from software sales here in the States, but they will not in Japan. So the Japanese get charged a monthly fee to compensate, and no such fee is nessessary in America.

Veteran Fighter

Sorry, but no. The software fee is nothing. It would have a monthly fee regardless. Bandwidth and content are not free.

It's on Microsoft's Xbox Live server, and the Xbox Live subscription fee is paying for that bandwidth.

Sega, however, does not need players to pay for bandwidth because we aren't playing on their servers. However, it'd be reasonable to charge a very small fee per month if they gave our regular updates/patches and/or new content, and if they didn't, we'd have no logical reason to pay them at all, aside from buying thier game.

I wouldn't have a problem paying a couple bucks a month for regular patches, say, once a month maybe, but not if the price gets to be absurd for just some patches.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

from my understanding extra fees on XBL will not be a monthy occurance not even for patches those will be free i asume, but if ya want a additional characters or vehicles or what ever that would cost ya a few bucks for some games not all will charge but some will for this additional material, hey i would pay a few bucks to give my game a new level.

Battle Fiend

On 2002-10-01 21:39, BioFan wrote:
    could everyone, pretty please, send an [email protected] to Microsoft to let them RELEASE PSO EPS1&2 NOW!!!
    The game is done...in an interview with Gamespot Yuji Naka said that the game is basically done and he said "[maybe] if the fans asked for them to release it right away, they might release it sooner? [smiles]"
    So can each of you here do me a favour and ask Microsoft to release PSO right away??I couldn't find the best email, if anyone has a better one than I found, please post here...

THANKS A LOT, GUYS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-10-01 22:24 ]</font> First of all lol thing about " quote don't make sense " anyway from what I think pso I&II'll come out on the X by 02/forgot/2003...don't feel like going to where I got the date...tire from searching. That's all I known...meet ya'll all online on the ngc!