Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Veteran Fighter

Go look at Gamefaqs though, the current poll there is internet connection.
    Most people connect through dialup because they aren't gamers and don't really care. It's much lower than 9/10ths of the US population too.
    Most gamers who have an internet connection have broadband, and that number is only going up.

On 2002-10-05 00:41, TedEdFred wrote:
    I think he was joking when he said maybe they would release it sooner....
    I think he was secretly saying "Haha MS Xbox fucks. Your email is going to the shitz!!!11"

Skilled Fighter

Microsoft said at E3 this year that over 50% of all XBOX owners have BB, and over 80% have BB connections in their area (and could get a hook-up in their home).

Soul Assassin

Tigertron: i hope you know you have to pay both Xbox Live fees AND a HL fee too!!

Xbox PSO here I come!! MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy's Avatar

I don't think we pay HL fees. I remember seeing in the XBOX LIVE Beta Page that we only pay XBL fees because we play on MS' SERVERS. Theres no extra fees other than XBL.

P.S. People should stop dissing other systems in subtle ways and then deny it coughSpycough...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy on 2002-10-05 13:31 ]</font>

Blue Harmony

i still dont get why people are so excited about x-box pso even if i still had broadband i wouldnt be excited about it. the fact is no dial up for x-box severely limits the # of potential users
    Well, it's nice for a console owner to see PSO arriving on his/her system.
    Not having to shell out $500 for importing a Us GC and all peripherals is sweet too.

I don't think the PSO lobbies on Xbox will be a ghost town. The sad point is that there will surely be very few japanese players. bummer.

Come to think of it, Us GC players won't see much jp people either, since they'll be on different servers.
    (bug fiasco). ah well ..

Blue Harmony

I don't think we pay HL fees.
    It has been stated that jp players will pay a HL.
    No reason why the rest of the world would be an exception.
    Besides, you pay for bug patching (grin) and new content (quests, c-modes and possibly new char classes) in addition to server maintenance costs.

My reason for playing XboX PSO?

Graphic push. The game's going to look extra amazing. If the lobbys DO happen to be a little more empty than on the Cube, that's all good too. I can find a nice quiet game of PSO or have a great conversation with some people without some dork with a Gayshark putting up oversized speech bubbles all over the lobby.

I'm glad that I've got the choice. Can't get onto PSO on the Cube? Lobbies too crowded? Then I just fire up the XboX.

On 2002-10-05 13:29, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
    I don't think we pay HL fees. I remember seeing in the XBOX LIVE Beta Page that we only pay XBL fees because we play on MS' SERVERS. Theres no extra fees other than XBL.

P.S. People should stop dissing other systems in subtle ways and then deny it coughSpycough...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy on 2002-10-05 13:31 ]</font>
    If it is on MS server, IT SUCKS!!!no HL SUCKS!!!no HL means no downloadble content...on MS sever means Sega can't add in stuff...so no downloadble content...THAT SUCKS...I would rather pay HL fees like the japanese will be doing....pay a little more but we get something back...GCN's fee sucks, but it's better than no updates...I would rather pay $10 a month and get constant updates than free and no updates at all.....US gamers stop whining about fees...The Japanese didn't even complain a bit...if you don't like fees, then don't play online games...there are bad and good things about monthly fee...but in PSO, I want the downloadble contents so I don't mind to pay.....

Oh by the way merlin, I don't think there is a graphic push in XBox version...I believe it's just a straight port of GCN version.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-10-05 17:55 ]</font>

Xbox PSO here I come!! MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy's Avatar

EXTRA CONTENT IS INCLUDED IN XBL!!! I guess none of you are in the XBL Beta Testing, I am. I read every page on the beta site. Downloadable content, patches, and updates are included in the subscription.