Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOmars

On 2006-03-20 18:00, Neromyr wrote:
    ahh ok. perhaps i should show her from blue burst if i get it. ( thinks about HIGH resolution pso on a big screen)
    >.> I have a crapload of screenshots of my FOmar, if you would like any to prove your robe-not-dress point. If there's a specific outfit you'd like pictures of, just tell me which one. ^_^ (I take my screenshots at 800x600, but I can up that if you'd like.)

FoMar

Nice. that would be great.

Any outfit in particular, or just some good ones in general?

FoMar

which ever ones you think will best prove its not a dress.

Yes, I would've preferred it if my FOmar wore these pants.

I don't like the FOnewn's shirt thing that makes it appear as if he was a fine sister with a bubble butt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-21 18:11 ]</font>

That's pretty much them except puffy. Rave on Fomar.

One thing that you'll need to realize: At their fundamental construction, robes and dresses are pretty much the same (I speak from experience, having made both). They're both made of a bodice/top, and skirts/bottom. A large part of the difference is a cultural thing.

In PSO, we are only given one example of dresses (FOmarls), and one example of robes (FOmars). From these examples, we can gather that belled sleeves are acceptable for either gender, but belled-skirts are distinctly feminine, while we don't see any female characters wearing straight floor-length skirts/robes.

Note that I don't consider FOnewearl and RAcaseal outfits as "dresses" because the skirts are more tacked on for girlish-ness than having any practical purpose. I suppose one could always argue that FOmarls actually wear robes, too...

At any rate, here are the screenshots that I have that make the robes look the best:

>.<;; It appears that that's really all I have for good screenshots of Lucius (excepting the ones where he's getting his ass kicked and I found it amusing enough to hit Print Screen).

ETA: Are you guys talking about hakama pants? (That would be samurai-type pants.) If so, they would indeed work somewhat like the FOmar robes, but, well, they're not really that suited to a spellcaster. The outfits for each class were meant to be at least somewhat stereotypical of the kind of character they are. For example, we've got cutesy magical-girls (FOnewearls), cheeky magic-boys (FOnewms), beautiful/elegant healers (FOmarls), and traditional wizard/mage-type guys (FOmars).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2006-03-21 18:34 ]</font>