Cannot seem to find this anywhere on the site so could someone confirm if its possible to load a pso gamecube character created in the european version of pso into the us version of pso plus?

Im asking this because i was under the impression it would work correctly, but it appears from someone else with the game that he cannot get it to load (im currently awaiting my copy to turn up via airmail)

Has anyone sucessfully done this? and if so was there any particular trick to getting it to work or did it just work straight away (its a standard 59 block nintendo memory card being used).

From what I've read in the past, that arrangement will not work. Your character needs to be created using the US version of Episode 1&2 if you want to use the US version of Plus.

Thats annoying

Any idea if a european hunters license would work with the us version of pso plus then?

Also is there any limit to the amount of characters you can have on a hunters license on the gamecube? (i think there is a limit of 4 on the xbox version from what ive seen previously somewhere from what i remember).

On the XBox you can have 48 characters. There's 4 slots for accounts, each account holding 12 characters (You can use one account for all 4 slots)

On Gamecube, you can hold 4 characters on a memory card, but can register as many memory cards as you want to a hunter's license.

As for your other question, ditto

On 2006-03-21 13:05, megametal wrote:
    Thats annoying

Any idea if a european hunters license would work with the us version of pso plus then?

Also is there any limit to the amount of characters you can have on a hunters license on the gamecube? (i think there is a limit of 4 on the xbox version from what ive seen previously somewhere from what i remember).
    An EU HL will not work with a US version of PSO Plus.

The number of character you can use with a HL is only limited by the number of memory cards you have.

Having now received it your correct - it comes back with a message along the lines of there is no pso system file on the card if you try and load the european save into the us version of plus (the opposite setup also does the same thing).

It doesn't however ask you to agree to the license/set the system time etc that normally happens when you insert a blank memory card - so it does to some degree recognoise the save although it refuses to load it.

Guess I'll just have to start another character to use it that being the case.