Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recently sent a email to sega department that handles pso stuff and here is how my email's went down......

Me: I was just Wondering if Phantasy Star Universe is going to be dial up compatible?

Sega: Are you planing to get the PC or the Playstation 2 version?

Me: I plan to buy the PC version.

Sega: It should be compatible with dial up service.

They asked me which version so i figured pc one would and ps2 wouldnt since most ps2 games are BB only. This is big news for me i still plan to get the ps2 version and use my friend pc disk to play it online on PC and ill Play the story on my ps2 xD. Great new's for me!!!

On 2006-03-22 11:51, xenokai wrote:
    I think you missed a keyword in that last statement. The word "should" indicates that the rep that you spoke to does not know for a fact that the game will be compatible with a dial-up service.

We'll probably have to wait for the game to be released before we can see whether broadband is actually a requirement or more of a suggestion.

It's a common thing used with Customer Service or Support... For the most part, you don't know everything about a product until it's time for it to go on sale. There is also the "Why wouldn't it work?" thought, and the fact that he asked speciffically for PC could be an indication that the rep does know something.

It's been said before, but most PC games don't have any type of connection requirement, hence this is most likely true.

They don't know for sure, but you would think that a fact such as connection, would be something that people would be told beforehand.

On 2006-03-22 11:58, Ryna wrote:
    On 2006-03-22 11:51, xenokai wrote:
    I think you missed a keyword in that last statement. The word "should" indicates that the rep that you spoke to does not know for a fact that the game will be compatible with a dial-up service.

We'll probably have to wait for the game to be released before we can see whether broadband is actually a requirement or more of a suggestion.
    Yea i knwo theres a chance but i just hope it is compatible and playable like ffxi and pso before it where im a big PSO fan since dc =(

I sure hope it's not dial up accessable. Kinda keeps down the lag. Escepically for fast as hell connections like mine

On 2006-03-23 15:25, ShinMaruku wrote:
    I sure hope it's not dial up accessable. Kinda keeps down the lag. Escepically for fast as hell connections like mine
    Depends on the netcode, I think. Since the game is going to be hosted on PSU's server a dial-up player in your party might be relatively a non-issue for you.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

I sure as hell hope not, I can just imagine the lag...

On 2006-03-23 16:21, hypersaxon wrote:
    I sure as hell hope not, I can just imagine the lag...
    pso run perfectly with dial up hell bb wasnt even supported for pso on dc xD and since psu is just 6 players that is nothing compared to my huge raid on ffxi with 70 people around killing stuff!

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

56k gamers is probally the reason this game is not above 6 players. I would prefer if we could make rooms adjust according to connection types. The more people the better coop.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Hey thats not very nice. I used to have dial up, and I would be really depressed if I was segregated from the Broad Band crowd just based on the connection I was using. Not everyone has the money for broad band. I do have broad band, but I just think that would be unfair to a lot of people.