Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Svm Inimicus Mali

I beg your pardon if what I'm about to say is either common knowledge or completely stupid.

Yesterday, I began a new HUmar character named Prince Guner, Purplenum ID. So far, he has 2 hours, 47 minutes worth of play time, is level 13, and is up to the point at which you have to activate all the pillars (just beat Vol Opt). The only workings I've done in any of the levels are going in and kicking butt, and possibly going halfway into the next level before I quit. I did not do full explorations of the levels; neither did I do any quests. I just headed straight for the boss as best as I could (wound up unintentionally detoured a couple times). Here are the Tech Disks that I found at fairly consistent intervals over that time period (and still have on hand... blasted HUmar low MST):

Anti lv. 1
    Foie lv. 2
    Gifoie lv. 2
    Gibarta lv. 3
    Gibarta lv. 4
    Resta lv. 2
    Resta lv. 4
    Resta lv. 7

Granted, those aren't huge finds. But for the amount of play time and general brevity of the slaying experience within each area, that's rather impressive. Especially when compared to the fact that any Force I've taken through the game in Pinkal(and I've done so several times) was usually swimming in Wands and fighting with low-level techs bought from the store. I had to level to 10 just to be able to buy Gifoie lv. 1 so I could actually kill De Rol with my Forces. What I'm saying here is: Pinkal seems to be the ID for Force *weapons*, whereas Purplenum finds a greater percentage of Tech Disks, which, IMO, are the real Force weapons.

As for Pinkal's exclusive lv. 30 techs: perhaps Purplenum is quantity, Pinkal is quality. If you can afford to go without a lot of techs for a while in Pinkal, you'll ultimately wind up with the best, given (a great deal of) patience, while Purplenum allows a steady(er) stream of techniques so your Force will be worth a darn for the better 90% of the game.

Comments?

Good Point

I have Skyly Hunter and I find lots and lots of tech disks too. And I'm saving lots of em for my future Force.

Maybe you found more disks than Pinkal cause of a blind luck..... Or who knows?

Either way, I wouldn't still say Purplenum's best for Force. If you think about it, you only need one disk for each level of spells, so quantity doesn't really matter in the end....

So Pinkal it is.

*this package not a winner please try again*

My Skyly RAmar usually finds really good techs, but I still think Pinkal is THE best for a FOrce...

Hmm.... I'm beginning to think that ST did this intentionally to motivate people to trade. My sister, who has a Pinkal FOmar, found couple of good Hunter weapons....

But who knows?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-10-08 20:37 ]</font>

Soul Assassin

all id's can find pretty decent techs, but only in pinkal can you find the high level techs like level 30 grants and other goodies like that

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

For the best tech ID, pinkal. As for the best FO ID...well techs aren't everything. Weapons are important too.

Pinkal tends to find the tech disks of the highest level, but the weapon drops aren't that great. Staff, cane and wand are generally poor weapons in general; Fo weapons aren't balanced that well. These weapos tend to have the lowest ata and atp of any weapon type, and a weak MST bonus(which doesn't go beyond your cap, making them worthless if your MST is maxed). FOs have the lowest ata and atp(there supposed too), but when you make weapons with even weaker atp, ata stats and tech bonuses that aren't worthwhile, it's no surprise why I scoff at FO weps and use a gun or a pair of mechs.

Weapons like the C sorcerers cane and the Pyscho wand are in my opinion how a FO cane/wand/staff based weapon should operate. It should go beyond the basic atp/ata/mst increases and have unique abilties that units in EP1&2 enhance specific tech casting effects(ie. stronger barta).

Kind of a trade off, you get high level techs but weak weapons. Weapons are important for a FO too. So I wonder if FO weapons are better in general, when compared to the utterly useless FO weapons of ver2.

*this package not a winner please try again*

Well, for me, weapons do'n't matter at all if I'm using a FOrce... all ya need is high TP to survive.

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

After reading alot of info from importers it seems that FO weapons are a bit better. Mostly FO weapons that enhance tech casting.

Since pinkal is like one of the few sect ID that specializes in FO weapons and techs it might be the better FO ID for GC PSO.

Although there are also those tech enhancing units and shields too.

Svm Inimicus Mali

After having done some more fighting... my statement stands, for now. Granted that it only really applies to V2... but my HUmar still found, with only one run, two Ra techs, several lv 3-7 Gi techs, and Foie lv. 8. At that point... my Pinkals were still fighting with storebought techs. Well, no matter... that's what trading online is for. ^_^