Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Just read the info on Character Customization, very interesting! No one can be defined anymore, the PSU online world will be a class blur! I love that, it makes your own character as well as everyone else a whole lot more unique! I used to dislike in PSO how in c-mode, people would complain as soon as they saw yet another FO join the game, when there are already 1 other. Now, it seems you can never really know what kind of class a player is, UNTIL you've seen them equip their weapon etc.

The new point earning will perhaps make quests a lot more vital - not just items or petty meseta, but also points to define your own class! I really don't know what kind of character I'll be!

Also, what does this say about specific weapons? Perhaps most weapons will now be open to everyone? For example in PSO, HUs can't use rifles, like RAs can. PSO also had gender specific weapons like the umbrellas and the stag cutlery, so I can see that being seen again. In PSU, perhaps you would need to have a certain amount of points in a certain class (RA/HU/FO) to use a certain weapon. Or will weapons be racial specific?

I just find this interesting, as they have actually changed the PSO class system, thus everything else!

You will no longer know a player on first entering a room! This makes everything less stereotypical, and just a heck lot more interesting! Players that look like FOs aren't necessarily wimpy with swords etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-04-16 09:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-04-16 09:29 ]</font>

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

On 2006-04-16 09:24, voxie wrote:
    Just read the info on Character Customization, very interesting! No one can be defined anymore, the PSU online world will be a class blur! I love that, it makes your own character as well as everyone else a whole lot more unique! I used to dislike in PSO how in c-mode, people would complain as soon as they saw yet another FO join the game, when there are already 1 other. Now, it seems you can never really know what kind of class a player is, UNTIL you've seen them equip their weapon etc.

The new point earning will perhaps make quests a lot more vital - not just items or petty meseta, but also points to define your own class! I really don't know what kind of character I'll be!

Also, what does this say about specific weapons? Perhaps most weapons will now be open to everyone? For example in PSO, HUs can't use rifles, like RAs can. PSO also had gender specific weapons like the umbrellas and the stag cutlery, so I can see that being seen again. In PSU, perhaps you would need to have a certain amount of points in a certain class (RA/HU/FO) to use a certain weapon. Or will weapons be racial specific?

I just find this interesting, as they have actually changed the PSO class system, thus everything else!

You will no longer know a player on first entering a room! This makes everything less stereotypical, and just a heck lot more interesting! Players that look like FOs aren't necessarily wimpy with swords etc.
    Well, we already know that beasts will not have the ability to use guns, as they "lack the concentration" to do so. Other than that, I suppose that there will probably not be too many limits on weapons, although I do predict that most people will follow the lines of reason presented (e.g. most force-type characters will be newmans, most rangers will be casts or humans). However, there will always be those people that do something completely different and unique with their characters.

Also, judging from the character creation screenshots I've seen, there will be incredibly large amounts of ways to customize characters (multiple menus with many options that range from 8-80!), so I think that there will be almost no two people that look alike (except for perhaps those people who try to make their characters look exactly like Ethan).

On 2006-04-16 09:37, Kyunji wrote:
    Well, we already know that beasts will not have the ability to use guns, as they "lack the concentration" to do so.
    I've seen a couple of screenshots of Leo holding a handgun, so I think it is likely that Beasts will be able to use them. The Beast race just may not be as proficient using them as Casts will though.

On 2006-04-16 09:24, voxie wrote:
    From what I can tell from screenshots, certain weapon classes are dependent on the license type (HU/RA/FO) you're training for as well as they level you are currently at in that type. For example, in the type counter screenshots we've got, you can see a list of all the classes of weapons each type can use. (Well, you can see icons for each type, at least. Twenty-three classes, incidentally.) Notice that a lv.1 hunter can use pretty much all HU-class weapons: swords, knuckles, spears, double sabers, twin sabers, twin daggers, twin claws, sabers, daggers, and claws. The only weapon class this level isn't able to use is the axe. It can be assumed, of course, that as you increase the level of your type training, you'll eventually be able to use all hunter-type weapons.

On 2006-04-16 09:37, Kyunji wrote:
    However, there will always be those people that do something completely different and unique with their characters.
    Heh heh. I'm planning on making a FObeast as my main character. Despite them not being able to use technics very well, I'm still going to focus as much as possible on teaching him every tech I possibly can.

Killing you and loving it!

It says that Casts will be the most profecient with guns, but I suspect all races will be able to use them, just as in PSO. It's all a matter of how you raise your skills. In PSO your lvl up ata boost was set. Sure you could get a Dex mag, or equip an XXXX/Arm unit, but the actual boost that is permanant with your charachter is set.

With this new system, it is no longer set. However, by their very nature, Casts will be the only race to use the "uber" guns (and let us not forget about the SUV Weapon attack!).

Thats my take on it.

Espio, you saw an axe??? WHERE??? Is this just from the pic on Moatoob showing behind the shopkeeper with the glaive/poleaxe or are there separate axes? If so...SHOW ME!

On 2006-04-16 16:18, OdinTyler wrote:
    Espio, you saw an axe??? WHERE??? Is this just from the pic on Moatoob showing behind the shopkeeper with the glaive/poleaxe or are there separate axes?
    If you look carefully at the "Battle Of" video, you'll see Ethan using an axe against a SEED Vance.

A 1h or 2h axe? I'll have to check the video at some point. Happen to know the exact timeframe in the vid? For my beast, I intend to employ 1h, 2h, & poleaxes. Use em all...why not!

On 2006-04-16 16:33, OdinTyler wrote:
    A 1h or 2h axe? I'll have to check the video at some point. Happen to know the exact timeframe in the vid? For my beast, I intend to employ 1h, 2h, & poleaxes. Use em all...why not!
    It was a two handed axe. You can see a screencap of it here:

Svm Inimicus Mali

On 2006-04-16 10:37, EspioKaos wrote:
    Notice that a lv.1 hunter can use pretty much all HU-class weapons: swords, knuckles, spears, double sabers, twin sabers, twin daggers, twin claws, sabers, daggers, and claws. The only weapon class this level isn't able to use is the axe. It can be assumed, of course, that as you increase the level of your type training, you'll eventually be able to use all hunter-type weapons.
    Without sounding like I know this for certain, I'm pretty sure that this is going to change for the main release of the game. I can't imagine someone booting up the game, throwing together a character, and instantly having access to almost every single melee weapon in the game. It would seem logical to start everyone off with the dinkiest weapon set for each Type; you get Sabers, Handguns, and Canes, and work up from there.

Changing tracks, I read somewhere else on this board that the counter might actually be a place to dramatically alter your Types, rather than increase the individual Types by steps. That is, you can use the counter to change from one Type to another, which will instantly alter your stats and weapon proficiencies dramatically. I hope this isn't the case; all that would accomplish is the Hunter/Ranger/Force divide without the binding a character to a single Type at character creation.

Of course, even if it turns out that you can invest bits and pieces into whichever Type you want, I'm still going to wind up avoiding the whole min/maxing game. For better or for worse, I'm putting everything into Force as a Newman. Let everyone else break the cliches with their sword-wielding Newmen and gunslinging Beasts and magical androids; I'm sticking with the traditional role. At least, on my main guy. Hopefully that won't leave my DFP too low... ^_^()