Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I guess one of mine would be an Invisible Guard that randomly dropped when I was getting my PSOGC FOmarl into Ultimate. I had leveled her to about 25 online, and decided it was time to work on offline progress.

And uh.. 75% hit L&K14 Combat?

Yeah, that's about it.

On 2006-04-22 18:15, AxelgearVIII wrote:
    GC-SJS in less than 300 Gi Gues
    GC-Yasha in less than 20 Belras waaaaaay in the beginning of my online GC career (didnt even know what thing did at the time >>
    Gib luck u_u I'm at close to 3000 Gi Gue, and 2900 Melqueek so far

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

On 2006-04-22 17:36, ADE wrote:
    In my experience it's greater than 1%. I hear this came from game code but I have yet to see any solid proof of it. I think someone needs to get their facts straight.
    http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/pso/parates.html
    Game data > experience.

On 2006-04-22 18:15, AxelgearVIII wrote:
    GC-Yasha in less than 20 Belras waaaaaay in the beginning of my online GC career (didnt even know what thing did at the time)
    Die.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

My rarest rate drop is probably Booma's Right Arm in normal twice (Which a bunch of people get anyways) and Viridia/Bluefull Recon drops (Maser Beam and Twin Brand)

Cursed J-Sword hunter

How do I know that data is correct? What if they made some mistake? There is nothing that shows me this was taken from game data. Any person could fill in that information on a spreadsheet and then SAY that it came from game data. In my experience, rares typically have hit about 10% of the time on Ep. I and 5% of the time on Ep. 2. I think you need to talk to the people who supposedly "extracted" this data from the game and see if they really did. Could it be that someone doesn't want to admit that some of his Ep. 2 rares might not be as rare as he thinks they are?

Man, this thread is all about ego. It needs to get locked. Items have nothing to do with good PSO. A good player could pwn the entire game with a 50% hit Charge Gungnir and 50% hit Charge Vulcans.

There really isn't any need to brag about how quickly an item was found because it has nothing to do with you. It's just random numbers. Oh well, just proves my point about you.

I really get sick of all of these topics where people do nothing but brag. Yet all I see is a bunch of items, and the players themselves aren't necessairly all that great. It's rather disappointing that we have been trained to value material over virtue, even in our hobbies and games.

Suppose you accuse me of "hijacking". First you would have to prove that this thread has some worth to the PSOW community as a whole. Yet I see it as nothing but a pow-wow for eliteists. So it shouldn't have had the chance to take off in the first place.

Alright mods, you can now edit my post or whatever, or be biased in favor the eliteists in this thread because you are "cool" with them, but the truth stands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ADE on 2006-04-22 18:54 ]</font>

Wicked User/Axel Factor Cultist AxelgearVII's Avatar

On 2006-04-22 18:42, ADE wrote:

There really isn't any need to brag about how quickly an item was found because it has nothing to do with you. It's just random numbers. Oh well, just proves my point about you.
    The point of this thread is amazing finds. I think the quicker a rare was found vs. how rare it actually makes the find itself more amazing. Pointing something out =/= bragging. But then again, the Axel Factor does make one more skilled at having things drop despite the drop being a totally random occurence.
    Decade long veteran of PSO, PSO Ep1&2, PSOBB, and PSUJP. Axel or VII will do.

The topic was pretty much made to brag ADE @_@

Unless you have nothing very rare to find... take my post for instance

So yeah, the topic is just an ego booster, but that's the point

Cursed J-Sword hunter

Well it isn't constructive to PSO as a whole so it isn't necessary. And should be on some other board.

Let's be honest. Maybe I DO just feel like being an asshole because, face it, if you look at my list, that isn't very good considering I've played PSO for about 7,500 hours.

But do you people always have to shove "good luck" in other people's faces if you KNOW that it has nothing to do with you as a player?

I am just as good or better than most players in this thread, and the numbers simply have not fallen in my favor. And it produces a genuine, real sense of anger in me when they imply that my time spent on the game is "somehow worthless" because I was not able to extract as many "random finds" out of it as they were. Yet they forget the key word: RANDOM.

It just gets old. I know that people think, in the backs of their minds, that if they find an item sooner than you do, they somehow did it better.

I have it to where I can kill 5 Gi Gues every 4 minutes, and I highly doubt anyone could do it faster than me. Yet I am considered the inferior player. I just find it very irritating that we never value good teamplay or skill, and we just talk about items all the time.

What about those of us who had bad luck over the years, but we still played just as well as anyone? When do we get our day of recognition? It's just stupid. I've put up with 26 Gi Gue Photon Drops and nobody praises my perseverence, but they DO praise someone when they lazily find it after 300 kills. Why?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ADE on 2006-04-22 19:01 ]</font>

Day's Find and PSO Snapshot threads aren't constructive to PSO, they're just for fun, that's what this topic is all about

I think I'm one of the best Forces on PSO, but I don't have any rare items. I think only a few people are only recognized for what they find, and they certainly aren't the "elitists" of PSOW like Axel and Kef (Notice quotations )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-04-22 19:06 ]</font>

Cursed J-Sword hunter

The point of this thread is amazing finds. I think the quicker a rare was found vs. how rare it actually makes the find itself more amazing.
    Something that is random cannot be considered amazing. Only actions of "being who has a will" can be considered amazing.

So finding a SJS after 300 kills is actually rather unimpressive. Impressive means that the event had something to do with the player. I've killed 300 Gi Gues over 40 times over. I did the same amount of work, it's just that some number randomizer didn't give me what I wanted. There is nothing "amazing" about this at all.

What would be more amazing is when a person continually misses out on that "unamazing random number" that he wants, and continues to strive for it no matter how much people mock him or how lowly he is perceived to be. That is far more amazing than a material good.

It's rather pathetic the way you define the word "amazing."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ADE on 2006-04-22 19:14 ]</font>