Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Yeah, just hit shops today to get my copy of Advent Children- everywhere had sold out apart from one shop o_O

Kinda strange hearing it in English after seeing the Japanese version. I thought the voice actors were pretty decent actually for the English version, though Kadaj was a bit annoying at times.

I swear, when I heard Vincent's voice, I thought it was David Hayter (Solid Snake's voice actor). Turns out it wasn't though XP

Nice to see the bonus disc too- some footage of Crisis Core, Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus. I must say, some of the anime art for Before Crisis/Crisis Core is awesome.

I think it's gonna take a little while for me to get used to the English version, having seen the Japanese version before it, but I'm thankful Square didn't butcher the voice acting.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Don't hate me because I am a Lunga! Hate me becaus roygbiv's Avatar

Am I the only person who thinks that seeing that movie once is enough?

I thought it wasn't coming out until tommorow?

I need to go pick up a copy of this. I enjoyed the Japanese version, but having a phsyical copy of the DVD will be very nice. Not having to mess with stupid subtitle files, ftw. I'm glad there's some nice bonus features, as well.

On 2006-04-24 08:37, roygbiv wrote:
    Am I the only person who thinks that seeing that movie once is enough?
    I've watched the Japanese version 10+ times, and the English one once so far XP

And yeah, the bonus features (I got the 2-disc special edition DVD) are pretty decent. Dirge of Cerberus looks hawt.

Can you even buy a regular, single disk edition?

I haven't seen one

All I've seen is the 'Special Edition 2-disc DVD, the UMD disc, and a double pack with both.

I wept at work during my lunch break as I watched the english dub. No man should watch this movie alone. My safety was feared for.

In short, I thought the voice acting was terible. There were a few good mentionables.
    Cloud wasn't too bad and neither was Barrett. Though they could hardly go wrong with the latter. He's literally Mr T. I'd of felt insulted otherwise.
    I wasn't overly fond of Cid either, but in the end I think his english equivalent suited him.

Now the bad. where do I start?

Vincent sounds like he has a throat infection. Seriousely. And not in the cool growly way.
    Steven Jay Blum I thought you could do no wrong. He voiced Spike from Cowboy Bebop excellently and I had high hopes for this one.

Sephiroth, could you try any harder to sound like a bad ass? It just sounded like he was trying too hard. I just don't think his voice suited him much but that's just my opinion. Plus He was just poorly acted in general.
    " I won't...
    *snore*
    Be just a memory."
    Huh whazzat!? -_O

The Trio? Who voiced you? The cast of Pokemon!? They couldn't of been any further from the original cool deep japanese voicing. They sounded like little girls.

Reno, you poor poor barsteward. It was more the dialogue that disapointed me most. not a "Yo" in sight. And they ruined some of the best lines in the film between him and Rude.

Caitsith. I know your name originates from some mythical Scotland based beastie, but was the accent really nesacerry? NAY NESSY!

Oh god don't let me get started on Yuffie. Please don't. We need more tissues! The tears they won't stop pouring.
    Everyone else, I can just about live with, but I'm not a happy chappy!

Let me just state that I loved the japanese original. I know it's not an overly excellent film anyway, but I enjoyed it non the less.
    I wasn't expecting much english dub wise, but I think they could've done far better. Plus I like to whine excessively. I blame the weather.

At least I can watch it in the japanese audio I guess.

Does the english dub add a plot to it? Because otherwise, I'm not sure I'm going to bother watching it again.

But seriously, folks, I think most of the vocal quality should've been obvious for anybody who's played Kingdom Hearts 2. All I know is that since I've heard Cid and Aeris in KH2, I'm scared of how terrible they'll do with their lines in Advent Children.

Eh, whatever. Maybe they'll strike gold with their next movie. (You know it's coming.)

I think I'm not even gonna bother, unfortunately. I'd like to think that dubbing doesn't affect the overall quality of a movie. But mostly, it does. And generally, the original always fits best.

Down for the Getdown

Yeah SE is a lil too late to be releasing the Engrish version.
    Everybody that actually cared about seeing this movie has already seen it via bootleg.
    Seen it, liked it, forgot about it.