Hello,
    I'm trying to log into beta for the first time. I put in my user name and password, accept the terms of the agreement, then it pops up with a dialogue box that says it cant connect to the server and theres possibly maintenance going on and to check the site. I checked the site and i didnt see anything about maintenance. It gives me the option to go back to the title screen or retry. I've been retrying for a couple hours now, is the server just overloaded?

do i need to open specific ports for psu?

Note the server isn't open at all times.
    øÁìí¡¡£º¡¡17£º00¢¦23£º00 (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/...mode=view&id=1)
    The usual times are listed when it is closed and reopened. 17:00~23:00 Tokyo time is playtime Otherwise listed on the main web.

acutally, during the times the server isnt up, midnight to 1700 JST, you wont get past the "Checking for new patches" screen

edit: I got the solution on the beta BBS, there were other people posting about this problem. Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kuroe on 2006-04-25 13:15 ]</font>

yea
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487