Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    techn0rganic

All will be explained when the guides come out.

Which I'll need for my Partner machine.

yea, i was wondering that as well some times it seems there is no advantage to leveling another job with the same charachter. One tester mentioned being able to use some weapons, but I dont know if he was speaking from experience or just thinking it might be so.

If the level of your other classes has an influence over the types of weapons you can equip, then it would be a.. pretty interesting system.

For example, if I'm leveling my Hunter class, I could use.. say, a certain type of cane because my Force class is leveled up to a point where the skills of a Force are bled through.

We also have to remember that this is the beta of the first version. You never know what kind of updates might come up further down the road.

Word Select Master

So far what I've noticed is that from more usage of a certain weapon, my skill in that area increased, like my gun skill was only C, until I started camping like mad, I'm guessing that until I increase the gun skill, I won't be able to use dual handguns.

My example is like sabers, my saber skill is B, and I just managed to get dual sabers. And from what else I can tell, some of my "ranger" skills went up even when I was in HU mode, but I can't confirm this until later.

I hope this clears up "some" things, If not, feel free to ask and I'll take a look around.

techn0rganic

Now please, tell us what happens to your weapon skills when you switch modes, after leveling some. Like say you played with saber in hu mode the whole time. And rechcked the stats in FO mode, would they be as if you were a fresh character starting as a FO?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2006-04-26 23:18 ]</font>

Your weapons skills change when you change classes.

This lack of diversity is exactly why I think there will be more than 3 classes.

Also, the reason the mag example doesn't work, is that you could change your mag if you didn't like it. If you had maxes, then leveling your class would probably be permanant and would instead limit your customization.

As far as I can tell, there's no benefit to being lower in a class, although maybe it will actually be something good?

I don't see what's so lacking about the diversity in PSO. Somelike like Diablo 2 has diversity in what skills you level up, whereas something like PSO has diversity in what type of weapon you are using, since weapon types are completely different. Those are the two types of dungeon crawlers.

Word Select Master

Ok I was slightly mistaken last night, after checking again today, as butzo states its exactly that skills change only when leveling up said class, or switching classes.

Also, I wouldn't doubt that there's a possibility that maybe having X levelled classes, might boost some weapon skill (maybe some mixture in between) although it doesn't seem like its possible right now.

Also, has anyone managed to switch to RA/FO and level that up yet? Its taking me forever just to level up this HU class alone...

On 2006-04-26 19:49, Skorpius wrote:
    For example, if I'm leveling my Hunter class, I could use.. say, a certain type of cane because my Force class is leveled up to a point where the skills of a Force are bled through.
    It's one or the other. When you're a FO, you're not a HU. :/

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Speaking of starting a new character rather than switching classes, how many characters can beta people make?

Also, when you change your class, is the EXP to level up the class on the level of the class, or the level of the character? (Uh, confusing wording)

Thats exactly what I was wondering _TEK_. If you switch modes does it affect your stats? It would be cool if the stats somehowstay so that you can have a HU with the ability to use some high power FO weapons but this kind of defeats the point of picking a class. I don't know, I have faith in ST in making the right decision and I'm sure we will all enjoy it or get used to it regardless