Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The max characters you can create is four, just like everything in Episode 1&2 onward.
    I'm still around.

On 2006-04-26 19:25, RurouniJoku wrote:
    Ever play PSO until about 150+ as a character then suddenly just get bored of doing the same thing over and over? Or you need a FO for your group, but no one has one high enough level? Or you just want to make another class but don't wanna level another character all the way to Ultimate? Well this system will help out in all of those situations! I like it alot!
    Yep, also similar to FFXI too >_>; and in FFXI you do not get the benefits of the other job either.

I honestly don't see the problem with this >_> it just gives you chances to try out all the possibilities even if you picked a certain class in the beginning. It just makes everyone special. Besides fighters don't lack special moves like in PSO, they will have photon arts which will compensate when you think about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-04-27 06:40 ]</font>
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

the difference being that games like FF11 have dozens of classes as well as 5 races

if this is really the way the system works then PSU has only 3 character classes, which is frankly pathetic for a MMORPG and a step BACKWARD from PSO -_-

It's either:

A: you can be a Hunter, Force or Ranger and that's it, race will effect stats minorly but being a HUnewearl/Hunewm/HUmar/HUmarl/HUcast/HUcaseal will just make you a weak hunter compared to a HUbeast. Compared to PSO classes are basically HUcast, RAcast and FOnewearl style, except even back then FOnewearls could melee

OR

B. You can level all your class types and make unique characters based on the strengths of your race
    HU/FO newearls like PSO HUnewearls, RA/FO humans RAmarl style and so on and so forth

I know which one of those sounds better, I'd like to think sega does too

Yep, also similar to FFXI too >_>; and in FFXI you do not get the benefits of the other job either.

I honestly don't see the problem with this >_> it just gives you chances to try out all the possibilities even if you picked a certain class in the beginning. It just makes everyone special. Besides fighters don't lack special moves like in PSO, they will have photon arts which will compensate when you think about it.
    No, this isn't like Final Fantasy Xi at all... In that game you could subclass one of your other raised jobs, so i DID affect your character. Supposedly nothing like that exists in PSU, so its completely worthless.

Is it at all possible that it actually could be like FFXI? In that after you reach a certain level (or maybe job level) you might be able to tack on another class that would maybe lower your main class stats and increase your secondary class stats as well as adding equipable weapon classes... so that you would become more of a hybrid.

As long as we are comparing to FFXI, in that game you had to actually reach a certain level before you could use a subclass, so perhaps a similar system could be employed for PSU...

I know there is no evidence of such a system in PSU, but there is also no evidence yet that there isn't... Anyhoosh... Just speculating the possibilities...

[quote]
    On 2006-04-27 08:54, SgtSassafras wrote:
    No, this isn't like Final Fantasy Xi at all... In that game you could subclass one of your other raised jobs, so i DID affect your character. Supposedly nothing like that exists in PSU, so its completely worthless.
    Your right, this isn't like FFXI at all. Mostly because, it's not FFXI. Even in that game, your sub was half of the level of your main job... In PSU, you don't have a main job. This is the main difference. Also, for the 80,000th time PSU is not an MMORPG. That's not important though.

I haven't heard anything about ST providing any more then 4 character slots. That's most likely why they give you the choice to create 1 character of all 4 races and try out every job with that character. It makes sense, and it's alot easier then buying a second account in order to get access to more character slots. In order to change your job, you have to purchase a License. From a story sense, it's best to just say... Without a certain license, your restricted from the use of certain weapons and skills, or to increase in the aspects of one job, you have no choice but to decrease in the aspects of another job. It's not like that's anything concrete though, just a thought.

Really, I would've liked to be able to choose where my points went as well. This seems like the easiest way to balance out the game though. It keeps there from being tons of HU's with just enough FO skills to use high level support magic on themselves and then go into fights. It also promotes teamwork. Especially since in order to complete missions and get a good amount of points, you gotta do it right and you have to do it with as little deaths as possible.

It's still too early to say what's possible and what's not possible. We'll get a good bit of information on how things work from the Beta as more information is available.

Your right, this isn't like FFXI at all. Mostly because, it's not FFXI. Even in that game, your sub was half of the level of your main job... In PSU, you don't have a main job. This is the main difference. Also, for the 80,000th time PSU is not an MMORPG. That's not important though.
    You really had no main job in FFXI either, you could level as many classes as you desire, and chose any job/subjob combination you wanted, nothing was set. PSU is an MMORPG. How could you possibly say its not. Massive Multi-player Online Roleplaying Game. How does this not fit? If guild wars and Dungeons and Dragons Online qualifies, so does PSU.

FFXI sucked anyway. A player should be given more than two choices in deciding the customization of their character. Thats all you had in FFXI, picking a Job and Subjob, and only a handful of combinations worked well for each job. The game was bad, lets give PSU some higher standards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtSassafras on 2006-04-27 11:21 ]</font>

uh... mmorpg refers to having a continous world in which there are a massive amount of players interacting in teh same world at the same time. like in ffxi 2000 people existed in teh same place. PSU is an orpg because you only have 6 people interacting in one world at a time.
    anyhow thats no really important, and yeah you can hate FFXI, but you have way more choices in customizing your job than currently in psu. they had like what 15-18jobs? and 15-18 possible subjobs
    so yeah you can not like ffxi, but comparing ffxi options for jobs versus psu is a pretty poor comparison.
    I really hope reason for having multi jobs because if there isnt, liek some one mentioned every hunter may as well be a beast, and every fo may as well be a numan etc and ever ranger a cast. Whats the use of having a human who is good at everything if he can only use one ability at a time. before humans had magic and attack stats, so teh fact they werent the strongest suggested a different play style, but now it seems to be they have teh same limitations as a hucast with lower stats, no reason to be a human execpt for looks then. it doesnt make much sense really

I've been playing FFXI for a few years now...

You have the main job you are leveling, and your sub job. The sub job can only be half the level of your main job. The sub job did effect some of your stats such as STR, DEX, etc... But the main purpose of a sub job is the abilities and traits of that sub job. Anyway... That's not important.

What I'm trying to say is... If you can have a sub class on PSU you would basically have 3 levels. Your main character level. Your main job level. And your sub level of your secondary job. That's... A bit much. But who knows what they'll do. FFXI has somewhere around 15 jobs right now I think, I don't feel like counting them in my head so we'll go with that.

Right now... We don't know if you can possibly use magic on other jobs at a later time or not. It hasn't been specified and no ones high enough to know. We basically still have alot of things to figure out. The reason for being a race, is having different stats. For instance, although a Beast will have the best Hunter Stats, won't they still not be as great with a gun as a different Hunter? These are the differences in Races. Humans really have no weak point, but they aren't the strongest in any particular area. Whether it makes sense or not is up to the person. If you can only have 4 characters per account, you can make 1 character of each race and you can use other jobs with that race. Humans will have the easiest time leveling up all jobs because although they aren't the best, they aren't the worst in one area. That makes sense to me. As for the rest of it though, your pretty much correct. That doesn't mean they'll do it though, and even if not I'm gonna enjoy myself anyway because I don't particularly care about being the strongest. It's more of a team based game now afterall.

uh... mmorpg refers to having a continous world in which there are a massive amount of players interacting in teh same world at the same time. like in ffxi 2000 people existed in teh same place. PSU is an orpg because you only have 6 people interacting in one world at a time.
    Uh... ever hear of Dungeons and Dragons online? Thats your definition, not an official definition. Any game that involves thousands of players interacting is an mmo. Of course you only fight in a 6 man or so party in PSU, in a zone where only your party affects the surroundings, but last time I checked thats the same exact thing WoW does, and no one denies thats an MMORPG. PSU uses an instance based system identical to DDO.