Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For PSO X-Box, they were going to add a RAnewm and HUmarl, weren't they?

Was there ever any concept art for the RAnewm? Supposedly there was some in PSO GC, a beta model... It had a longe cloak draped loosely along its shoulders. I sadly can't remember what it looked like. But in the photo I saw, he was swapped with the Guild Lady.

I found concept art for the HUmarl... but yeah...

Holy Jesus on a fucking pogo stick, I'd hate a Ranemw with such an unbridled passion that- well, if I can't bring myself to use one of them golf clothed Oompa-loompas, I sure as hell wouldn't want a Ranger version.

Humarl though, well, I've seen the Ult EP2 ending. Bring on the Red Rico clones!

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

The rumour was they were gonna release HUnewm for the XBox version. They never did of course.

A shame though, I liked the concept for HUnewm (Despite the very big resemblance to Ganondorf)

Was there ever any concept art for the RAnewm? Supposedly there was some in PSO GC, a beta model... It had a longe cloak draped loosely along its shoulders. I sadly can't remember what it looked like. But in the photo I saw, he was swapped with the Guild Lady.
    That's Leo Grahart

REJJII of the Azure Flame

I guess you guys coul just fullfill your dreams of making a RAnewm/HUmarl/HUnewm when PSU comes out

You know, I bet you they could add in RAnewearl/RAnewm/HUmarl/HUnewm and alter them such so that they don't completely overpower everyone else.... I mean 1st of all, the RA newmans would totally sux in the HP category, and they're Accuracy probably wouldn't be the greatest of the Rangers >_> and.... maybe low DFP too.... to compensate for their.... High Technique potential. Maybe lower the ATP a bit too. But give them ubber MST, maybe RAnewearl could even exceed FOmarl... like it would even matter >_> RAnewearl's techs would still have to be limited to 20.

Heh, but yeah, that was always a nice little idea. PSU definately will fullfill everyone's dreams of the perfect character.

In PSO, newman took an oath to never extensively use guns, so says somewhere in the story.

Yet Elly uses one.

I think Sue said that.

But yea the Hunewm concept was an interesting idea.

It has to do with the old Phantasy Star games. Newmans were real big on agility and close-ranged fighting. They didn't like using heavy firearms, for they did not like using such large weapons.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2006-05-04 07:31, MegamanX wrote:
    RAnewearl's techs would still have to be limited to 20.
    I think then, they would/should lower the RAmarls tech limit to 15, and have the non-FO Newmans get level 20 techniques. It just makes sense, and wouldn't be sexist >_> So, it'd be like (If they had all the classes)
    HUmar/HUmarl - Level 15 J/Z
    RAmar/RAmarl - Level 15 S/D
    HUnewearl/HUnewm/RAnewearl/RAnewm - Level 20 S/D/J/Z

Actually, nah, that wouldn't work. That'd make RAmarls sucks WAY more then they already do.

(Offensive Supports would be those that target enemies. Defensive Supports would be those that target allies.)

The way I see it, females would have more developed supportive skills, either in specific Techniques, or overall Technique level. The same would apply with Newmans over Humans. The information already provided is this:

Hunter Human Male: Level 15 Offensive Supports
    Hunter Newman Female: Level 20 Supports
    Ranger Human Male: Level 15 Defensive Supports
    Ranger Human Female: Underbalanced ;D

With the introduction of "Hunter Newman Male" and "Hunter Human Female", we'd have to establish consistancy with the support skills.

Using a point system, and 0 as a basis of "average", we can establish how each part of a character would influence their supportive skills:
    Human: 0
    Newman +1
    -----
    Male -1
    Female +1

And thus, we come out with:
    HUnewearl: +2
    HUmarl: +1
    RAmarl: +1
    HUnewm: 0
    HUmar: -1
    RAmar: -1

This shows us how each character would have to be ranked, alongside each other, in supportive capabilities.

To rank the suppot skills with classes, races and genders, I would put them like this:
    Male: Lv 15
    Female: Lv 20
    -----
    Hunters: Offensive
    Rangers: Defensive
    -----
    Newman: All
    Human: Half

Using that system of support, it coincides with the class/race/gender system. So, what do we get?

HUmar - Lv15 Offensive Supports (Lv15 Jellen/Zalure)
    HUmarl - Lv 20 Offensive Supports (Lv20 Jellen/Zalure)
    HUnewm - Lv 15 Supports (Lv15 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure)
    HUnewearl - Lv 20 Supports (Lv20 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure)
    RAmar - Lv 15 Defensive Supports (Lv15 Shifta/Deband)
    RAmarl - Lv 20 Defensive Supports (Lv20 Shifta/Deband)

Of course, if we were to add those characters and make those changes, we'd have to have 2 new Rangers and 2 new Forces to balance the entire character system out..

Human (Native) = HU/RA/FO
    Newman (A.Beast) = HU/FO
    Cast (Machine) = HU/RA
    ???? (Dark) = RA/FO

..with the Rangers of that Race having "All Lv15 Supports" and "All Lv20 Supports".

EDIT: Typos. ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-05-04 15:33 ]</font>