Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    courage is solid
    mountain area!!!! destroying gibbles's way of life

On 2006-05-15 09:18, GrumblyStuff wrote:
    PSOPRINCE, have you used either weapon?
    no alas they be too hard to find for the yonder weekend gamer
    ratchel-fonewearl-138, chaostorm-hunewearl-152, kairi-ramarl-135, cloud-humar-62 amateratsu hucast 42 darksonic -racast 64

So... why are you stating your opinion for something you don't know?

courage is solid
    mountain area!!!! destroying gibbles's way of life

hmm suppose but shots should do more damage shouldn't they, stop beiing so grumbly
    ratchel-fonewearl-138, chaostorm-hunewearl-152, kairi-ramarl-135, cloud-humar-62 amateratsu hucast 42 darksonic -racast 64

WAHT

PSU Machinema Producer

Lol, he got you there
    OWNED!
    Just kidding.... I suppose you might say that a spread would inflict more damage but it's hard when it's a moving target, you have to use gigue bazooka for moving as it touches all areas straight away inflicting loads of DMG. Spreads do tough all areas, so does gigue, so why not try both and tell the results? Grumbly, if you have them, calculate how much is dealt each time (also the spread can do critical hits, I don't think bazooka can...).

PSU Machinema Producer

owned...

Forever Confined to the FKL????

On 2006-05-15 10:06, Zarbolord wrote:
    Lol, he got you there
    OWNED!
    Just kidding.... I suppose you might say that a spread would inflict more damage but it's hard when it's a moving target,
    Needles easily hit moving things, the GGB does not because it cannot combo, and it fires a slow moving projectile. Get your facts straight.

you have to use gigue bazooka for moving as it touches all areas straight away inflicting loads of DMG.
    More like loads of "Miss!" unless you have max ATA on a Ramar or Ramarl. Even with that ATP, the speed is so low it does little damage, and a Needle is much more effective. Get your facts straight.

Spreads do tough all areas, so does gigue, so why not try both and tell the results? Grumbly, if you have them, calculate how much is dealt each time (also the spread can do critical hits, I don't think bazooka can...).
    Each hit of the Bazooka has a chance at a critical. Get your facts straight.

owned...
    Get your facts straight.

Really, the GGB is worse. It is just a cool weapon, and different from the majority of Needle whores. (Of which I am one! )

REJJII of the Azure Flame

You said that the GGB fires a slow moving projectile. How slow is it? Does the Nug2K bazooka also shoot a slow projectile?

I always thought that the bomb it shoots would be as fast as a normal photon bullet. Or is that how fast it goes?

It's not that slow (ever used a Photon Launcher, Guilty Light, or Red Scorpio?) but the GGB has an odd tendency to aim wherever the hell it wants to. Aim at a group of enemies, it'll hit the closest one even if you aim at one off the side (to properly hit all of them with the splash damage).

Also, holy hell! Why didn't anyone say it works like the Frozen Shooter?!

I did a quickie run through the forest to test it on the boss. I wasn't sure a hit to the head will be redirected to the middle of the dragon so I stood off the side, shooting the chest. I do believe it hit every part. What surprised me was when it jumped into the air and was still taking the hits despite me not obviously aiming at it (just underneath it; most rifles and handguns won't aim at it IIRC).

Forever Confined to the FKL????

On 2006-05-16 20:51, GrumblyStuff wrote:
    Also, holy hell! Why didn't anyone say it works like the Frozen Shooter?!

I did a quickie run through the forest to test it on the boss. I wasn't sure a hit to the head will be redirected to the middle of the dragon so I stood off the side, shooting the chest. I do believe it hit every part. What surprised me was when it jumped into the air and was still taking the hits despite me not obviously aiming at it (just underneath it; most rifles and handguns won't aim at it IIRC).
    If you use a Mechgun as Sil is getting off the ground, it is possible to stop it before it takes off. If not, then just a bit of FS'ing will do. And that works quicker.

For hitting it while it's head is down... just do that with a Needle. >.>