Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File Corruption

How do you know if your file has corrupted?

When you try playing with the affected memory card, you'll get a message saying it has.

If it's your character file, when you try selecting a character, you'll get a message along the lines of 'The Character File in Slot A is corrupt and cannot be used'

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

What about the message on xbox?

I imagine you would get a similar message... but I've never heard of it happening on Xbox ever.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Yeah it never happened to me, but I also play on GC, and the corrupt error occured the day before yesterday on me for the first time, all I did was push my mem card in abit more and the message left........wierd?

sometimes, it's not corrupted, but it can't be read properly, since your card may have been only partially in, it would start reading, and then get hung up mid way through, the symptoms of corruption. I don't think that could happen on an Xbox since it's internal memory, but if you saved it to an xbox card, it could happen just as easily, but I don't really know of many who would save it on a card, since most of the xbox owners have live.

Has anyone reported corruption if they's only played offline? I've got a LVL 121 HUcaseal I'm pretty attached to, and since I can't make a back-up I'm concerned about making a try for 200 if corruption is an issue.

I've never had a file corrupt on the Cube, and I'm just wondering if it might be an issue with online players only during saves.

No, I've been corrupted offline before. This was before I was smart enough to consult tech support stickies from PSOW forums before deleting everything -_-

So the stickies have information on how to avoid that? I'll take a look. I've got 255 hours in (why does it tell you how much of your life it has stolen anyways?) and really don't want to wind up losing the character if I can possibly avoid it.

Thanks!

Well they don't necessarily tell how to avoid it (except to to pay attention to the part where the GC says "DON'T TURN OFF POWER WHILE SAVING"), but there are a few things on the bottom of the post that might work as possible fixes if it ever does happen. They're just hypothetical though, and not gaurenteed to work.