Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Forever Confined to the FKL????

This is one "trick" that I am not really certain of its legitimacy... Atleast, not in one certain case...

If you are playing, and hit a 2 person door, but are solo, but step on both switches, would piping through the door be justified?

Or are two person doors there as some sort of test to make sure you have friends with the coordination to step on a circle at the same time as you? What if you are in a quest and they DC? Then they cannot get back in, but are you to be stuck there because of that? Wouldn't stepping on both switches and then piping through the door be the exact same as having someone stand there and do nothing else the entire quest? Is the lack of a person supposed to stop you from doing a quest? *exaggerates* What if you are the last person left who plays PSO? Then there is no one else to ever get any door for you.

If you are doing it to get past rooms because you have not cleared the enemies, then that is obviously wrong, but the idea of switches has me puzzled...

Opinions plx?

The reason I am wondering about this is because of EN4. I want to hunt a hit% as one my last hunts with my Ramarl before I hit lv200... and my Whitill Fomar gets alot of good stuff too. The Ramarl has duoed up to the first door, then soloed after that until Ruins2, so, I know I can do it with her. My Fomar and a lv104 Humar even managed to duo the whole thing, though it was a pain to do... But the Humar was really of no assisstance.

I would be happy with just having people accompany me to atleast the first door and longer if they wish, but whenever I ask someone... "Just download the quest if you want to solo. lol"

;[

So far, I have gotten two opinions on it. One says he just does it because it seems legit enough if no one else is around, the other said it would be legit in an open game, but some quests were made to not be soloed, so piping those doors would be wrong. I disagree with that though, because in an open game, there is atleast a chance of someone coming to open the door. In a quest, there is no such possibility (which is what makes it shady).

Yeah thats borderlining since it is a glitch like the CCA trick. Sega did fix that in + and BB so its not there anymore. Since I know you can do the tp trick in +, dunno about BB, Sega didn't think it was a glitch or they didn't know about it.

In my opinion, if it is not affecting other people's gameplay, then it is fine. (for example what affects people's game play is like cheating level to 200 and joining someone's game and killing everyting, etc)

To be honest this is a really iffy question and many legit people will disagree or agree with my opinion. Non-legit people won't contemplate about this subject at all. I think this type of topic should be handle on a one on one basis instead of posting it on the boards since the opinions are split a lot on this subject.

Personally I would consider piping through a door to be ok if its a 2 switch door from which you your only advantaged would be to get to the next room and as long as youre alone, lets face it who is gonna want to pipe through a door unless they absolutely have to, however if youre using it to finish certain quests without the need to kill enemies like some of the PW quests and to get lucky coins fsater then i consider this to be cheating.

We are soldiers, stand or die Jarek's Avatar

On 2006-05-16 00:05, metatime wrote:

In my opinion, if it is not affecting other people's gameplay, then it is fine. (for example what affects people's game play is like cheating level to 200 and joining someone's game and killing everyting, etc)
    My thoughts exactly.

And it does still work on BB. I used to do it in PoD when I'd solo it on vhard to get all the extra enemies.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Lycoris on psox uses it in combination with another glitch with the telepipe that makes people's menus dissapear to trap people in games.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Forever Confined to the FKL????

On 2006-05-16 00:05, metatime wrote:
    Yeah thats borderlining since it is a glitch like the CCA trick. Sega did fix that in + and BB so its not there anymore. Since I know you can do the tp trick in +, dunno about BB, Sega didn't think it was a glitch or they didn't know about it.
    That is one thing that causes me to think that the CCA glitch really isn't legit...ish: the fact that it was removed. It also just screams the words "blatant glitch exploitation of boss EXP!!!"

When you use the telepipe through doors trick on a two person door when you are alone in a quest, it really does not seem like you are exploiting anything. It is the exact same as if you just had another guy sitting there doing absolutely nothing but hitting the switches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-05-16 12:46 ]</font>

teh ninja'd

On 2006-05-16 12:16, zandra117 wrote:
    Lycoris on psox uses it in combination with another glitch with the telepipe that makes people's menus dissapear to trap people in games.
    you don't need a menu to leave a game.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

My thoughts:

CCA Door Trick is unlegit
    Telepipe through doors trick is ok, unless you're super picky. If you can solo, why not let single players go through? It's unfair to need a second if you don't want a second.

well, i dont know how to telepipe through doors so i have no idea what ur talking about

On 2006-05-16 16:35, Corey wrote:
    On 2006-05-16 12:16, zandra117 wrote:
    you don't need a menu to leave a game.
    Dont need one
    You can alwaus turn off your Console