Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Da Vinci Code

I just saw it yesterday...
    only reaction: awsome (Really faithful to the book)

I have yet to see it, but most likely I will see it.

man, I been getting mix reviews here.

Many are saying it is really bad while others are saying it's really good. D;

I've just heard that the movie's not really long enough to fit in all the details of the book. Just how long is it exactly? A review somewhere said that it just made it seem like the characters figured things out to fast and made things implausable.

Of course, I've not read the book yet, so I'm in no position to make any sort of critique based on that.

Can anyone say how good the movie would seem if you hadn't read the book? Everything understandable?

I liked it. You don't have to read the book to understand it.

I haven't read the book, but the movie wasn't too bad.

It was basically just an "ok" summer popcorn flick. Go see it if you've got a couple hours to kill.

What I've heard is that essentially the book is light literary fluff, and I feel the movie was light cinematic fluff, so I imagine fans of the book should be happy. My friends I went with (who have read the book) said that they managed to get most of the important parts of the plot in (with a few minor changes), but that's it's a good reproduction.

On 2006-05-21 11:16, shinobu_seta wrote:
    I've just heard that the movie's not really long enough to fit in all the details of the book. Just how long is it exactly? A review somewhere said that it just made it seem like the characters figured things out to fast and made things implausable.

Of course, I've not read the book yet, so I'm in no position to make any sort of critique based on that.

Can anyone say how good the movie would seem if you hadn't read the book? Everything understandable?
    2 hrs 29 min.
    It did roll through things quite fast and they did figure things ot quickly, but it is a 600 page book.
    I think it was very faithful and got the main points in. I thought it was pretty exciting the whole way through.

Read these if you get the chance:
    Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
    The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
    Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

I thought it was way too slow and kind of anti-climactic.

The Local Bartender

The Da Vinci code has both been getting alot of sh** and alot of praise at my school.
    In fact, one of my dumbass friends wants to protest the movie...
    His motive was this...
    "Dude, in the movie, it talks about how Jesus had descendants....what if people walk out of the movie saying their family line goes all the way back down to Jesus!"

Than he starts babbling about how the revelations are all coming true, and the Da Vinci code will make another one come true...something about a false christ...

Ofcourse, a pimp slap to the face fixed that dumb ass straight.

Just got out of the movie... It was pretty good I guess... But it did move a little fast and I couldn't quite wrap my head around all of the different characters/secret societies motives and objectives or whatever (Have not read the book)...

As an individual movie though it stood fairly strong... Some very good acting and some bad... Plus it had Jean Reno! And he rocks my socks !

I want to say I liked the premise of the movie, but I'm really a little unclear on the overall message. I would have to see it again to catch more of it...

On a side note, as a very non-religious person, alot of the movie just made me uncomfortable... But that couldn't be helped in my case...