Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

it was 4% boost when i tried it.

also btw, you can just equip 2 of the same element on a 2 hand staff and it will still get the bonus. however, you are wasting 2 slots..

unless there is a way to really improve that boost a whole lot, it doesnt seem like a good idea. a small damage boost is not nearly as good as having resta on the same staff.

i can see this mainly being useful for easy areas where you dont need resta available.
    Quit PSO2

Well here's wishful thinking that in the future, there will be a way to perhaps label what's what in some unique way when switching weapons. I'm sure I won't be the only Force that doesn't have all spells of the same family on their weapons for convenient color coding, hehe.

On 2006-05-21 15:36, Tycho wrote:
    Ah? If I may ask, does anyone know what exactly this boost is?
    Let's say I have a cane with no techs currently assigned to it. If I put Zonde on it, its type will turn to yellow and it will have a 2% yellow bonus. If I also put Razonde on the cane, the yellow bonus will go up to 4%.

Ah, and so furthering what Ryna's saying, if you put resta, the anti-status spell, and a grants (if that spell still exists) on a two-handed staff, it'd be a light element staff with a 6% bonus? And if there was one more light spell you could add, then with a staff you could get up to an 8% bonus?

On 2006-05-21 18:36, Kyuu wrote:
    Ah, and so furthering what Ryna's saying, if you put resta, the anti-status spell, and a grants (if that spell still exists) on a two-handed staff, it'd be a light element staff with a 6% bonus? And if there was one more light spell you could add, then with a staff you could get up to an 8% bonus?
    We can be fairly certain that there will be additional bonuses for having 3 and 4 of the same type of tech on a staff. However, since there was only two techs available from any tech-family, we can't say for certain what the percentages will be. The bonuses may end up being 8% and 16% in your scenario.

so for example i can put foie,rafoie,gafoie on a staff and i cant cast resta id have to equip another staff in order to resta?... that doesnt seem fair... since hunter/rangers get their abilities nomatter what they wear

You can attach foie, rafoie, gifoie, and resta on a staff. You just won't get the boost to foie techs. At least, that's what I gather; someone correct me otherwise.

Ok so Ryna and mech have been kind enough to answer the forgoing questions about elemental % boosts.

My question is this: Are there ways to make macros in this game that allow for the casting and quick changing of equips to correspond with the spell you would want to cast? It would seem to make it easier on the force to quick switch a stave/wand/club using macros rather than going into the equipment menus.

Let me give an example. In FFXI I can make a macro that looked like this:

/equip main "Vulcan's Staff"
    /ma "Firaga III" <t>
    /wait 1
    /party [Firaga] III =====> [<t>]

Barring the party notification that i was rearranging the target mob on the subatomic level does PSU allow for equipmant macros that work in conjunction with spellcasting?

Thank you in advance for any replies

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-05-22 03:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-05-22 03:33 ]</font>

Ahh... the naughty macros of FFXI... how I abused them so. I must have had at least 200 macroes for my Summoner.. *has reoccuring macro nightmare*

heh spellbinder beat me to it... the lazy warrior macro
    /ja provoke
    /wait 5
    /ja provoke
    /wait 5
    /ja provoke
    /say Man this is boring! lol...