Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok well you get the game for 50.. then what? Only one phoneline with a dsl.. get the broadband for 59!!.. more? oh yes.. you wanna talk to your friends faster and easier.. so you get the keyboard for about 30-40.. think its over? no no no you want more characters at one time you need to get at least a 4x vmu another 30 bucks.. now I know you don't NEED all this stuff but to get the most out of PSO you should but DAMN thats a lot of money

Rappy Hunter

Geez, you think that's bad...

I bought three 4x VMUs and...guess what?

A BRAND NEW 23" TV JUST FOR PSO!!!

I've spent well over $300.00 just for this game.

Tell me about it. Recently, I was sleeping and I heard this voice telling me "Buy more VMUs...buy more VMUs....buy more VMUs." I have six. Why? The Dreamcast has taken me over! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to polishing the Dreamcast's case.

i dont mind sega doing this though.....they made this great game n they deserve it!! and there soo broke as it is....let em make their money........through wateva.....vmus, keyboards (which r 25 buckz...not 30-40), broadband adaptor.....etc.

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

No kidding! Besides the game,three extra VMU's, keyboard, and isp fee...I had to get another phone line (I'm in the boonies, I'm lucky just to have a local dialup) 'cause I am on every waking minute of the day. People were starting to wonder if I was still alive, having not answered my phone in three weeks. How long is this addiction going to last?!? On the bright side I've saved money on food, being that I don't have time to eat any more

Was still kinda angry that there was no BBA support out of the box though. So now I'm stuck with a cable modem AND dial up.

It sure was hard reverting to a slower connect, but I think it was worth it.

Yeah they pulled a fast one allright! And everyone thought the words "Sega" and "successful marketing strategy" would never appear in the same sentence! You might also want to add $15-$50 for a VGA adapter on your list. I've heard of people buying one just for PSO because it looks so tight on it. Since I'm a poor man I've learned to cut corners...

- No BBA, my PC shares it's cable modem by acting as a 56k server for my DC.
    - No keyboard, I have the Total Control 5 keyboard adapter.
    - Only one VMU. I email my characters to myself so I can have more than one going at the same time. (sux I can't take screenshots though!)

Now only one question remains...What are we gonna have to buy to play PSO2? Start saving $$$ now...

Getting BBA to work with cable modem is easy as long as you got a external cable modem. I know it's been explained tons of times but all you need to do is burn the BBP from this site, run winipcfg on your pc and enter the data from that into your BBP stuff on DC. Then get a male-male wire, connect from your external cable modem to your DC, and youre all set!

you allhave noting on me, I shelled out $3 for an old school Genisis case to carry my dreamcast with me where ever I go... although I do dream of more VMUs, i am just too poor to afford them... Maybe I'll start a "VMUs for tots(Syntax)" Program.

*Gear Churn in mind*

-Syntax

To Onexero:

Problem with that is, I still have no clue on how to "stuff" that information into the BBA. I can't set it up because I have no software that allows me to set it up...Oh, and I use @home, that make any difference?