Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

... If there's really any "best type" of weapon. I'm starting to think that most of them balance out due to differences in the number of enemies they hit and how much accuracy they might give. What are your opinions on this?

If there were a best type, what do you think it is? Please supply reasoning (meaning no n00bish answers =P).

Thanks!

~ Sylph

There have been a lot of threads on this...and the answer has always been:

there is no best weapon.

It all depends on the scenario. Swarm of dimenians? Partisan/sword class. Bosses? well...there's just too many options for that.

Basically there is no best rare weapon, or even weapon class. Too many variables.

Ping, The Magic Beaver Cleaver

Quite the contrary.

There is a class of the "best weapons," those being the ones that raise your ATP/ATA/MST/EVD the highest. In general, though, you can make ALMOST any weapon good through weapon/armor/mag combos. I say almost because there are some things that you just can't make too good (like the basic saber.)

It also comes down to what you like, Long range? Short range? Melee? Dependant on what you like is where you will find your best weapon. Since there are a select few "best weapons" for each sub division (stated above) the you stats may be somewhat limited dependant on what you like.

There is no best single weapon, however, there are two worst. The Power Maser and Maser Beam.

I'm talking more about weapon class, such as Sword, Partisan, Slicer, Twin Sword, etc. Granted, there are situations that each weapon is best suited to, but what I'm asking, basically is:

Is there a weapon that can deal with groups of enemies, single enemies, etc., more efficiently altogether than any other? I don't need specific weapons such as the aforementioned "Power Maser" and "Maser Beam".

Group of enemies - Any Shot
    Single enemy - Any mechgun or Frozen Shooter

WALS!!!!!!!!LOL!!

excalibur.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

Vulcans with hit in general especially with charge. They are way over powered and can destroy almost any single target if not on but 2 full combos (if it all hits too) They can easily be found in shops in almost any level with 50 hit charged.

If you are fast enough, you can use it almost in any situations because it hits air and ground units. Once a while a multi hit weapon like arms or sword might help.

ST realized how unbalance vulcs are so they dumbed it down a a bit in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-06-10 22:52 ]</font>

All you need is a 4 person PB and you can do over 1000 damage a hit with Charge Vulcans. 9 x 1000 = 9000 o_O

So basically, they're still crazy strong. Imagine a HUcast with max ATP doing that, it'd just be silly.
    Tekki || F Newman Lv102|| fT 10
    Tekershee || F Cast Lv298|| fF 10 fG 10 GT 10 aF 10

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Tekershee